Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior lights not working & a high pitched whine when i turn on the headlights??

Dearic69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Berlina
I have a 1999 vt commodore berlina, randomly the (after marker kenwood) radio stopped working. after investigating i checked the fuses and nothing was blown, i swapped the fuse in the head unit its self and it started working, however since then whenever i turn on the head lights, the interior lights (dash, odometer, rpm,etc) go really dull & the A/C, And the auto trans shift lights (P,R,N,D,1,2) just don't work at all... it also emits a high pitched whine noise that comes from the speakers...but as soon as the lights are turned back off the dash lights etc come back on again & the whining noise stops I've checked every fuse and none are blown... I've also removed the radio to check if it would work and it still does the same thing...

it also has a sub & amp installed but im not sure if that has anything at all to do with it...

& sorry in advanced if I've posted in the wrong section first time poster & really confused about the site lol. HELP!! :help:

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
wiring

I have a kenwood unit in my VT

i am on a learning curve with my VT as well

does you antenna raise and lower ..it is motorised

you need to recheck all the wiring behind the radio even the earth
and where your power for the kenwood unit is coming from

your thread suggests you are wired into the dash or lighting power source some how
and it is causing a power drain or overload may not be eneough to blow fuses but needs sorting

bayse11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl, vt. R.I.P My VS Stato :(
Sounds like you got a bad earth somewhere. Check ya earth wires. Good luck
Cheers