Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interior lights

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
How do I get the lens off both the front and rear int lights.I`ve tried and thought I would break them,looked in the manual and says I got to use a dealer ???? surely not. Only asking as I want to put coloured LED`s in so when we travelling at night I can slip it on and the red light shouldn`t disturb our little ones as much as a bright white..

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
They'll think the car has gone into battle mode if you use red lights!

Do a search, mate - there's been two or three threads on this. But pretty much you just yank on it and the whole fitting tilts down. You pull from the rear or the housing from memory

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
They'll think the car has gone into battle mode if you use red lights!

Do a search, mate - there's been two or three threads on this. But pretty much you just yank on it and the whole fitting tilts down. You pull from the rear or the housing from memory

+1 for DO A SEARCH!

but yeah, pull on it, but do it from the FRONT of the front one first.. (if that makes sense)

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
+1 for DO A SEARCH!

but yeah, pull on it, but do it from the FRONT of the front one first.. (if that makes sense)

I did search and didn`t find anything that I thought useful. But anyways.

Coast_Calais I understand what you mean by the front/closest to the windscreen.But by housing do you guys mean pull the whole unit (which includes the glasses fold down holder,phone mic etc) just to get the light cover off. What about the rear.

Man Toyota`s are much simplier :)

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
yes, whole unit, front and rear (Front is front first, and rear is rear first)... takes a bit of force but will pop, some people have trouble reinstalling cause the roof board flexes, so use a small screwdriver or similar to help depress the clips......

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Cheers guys.
Back at work now so it`ll be a couple of weeks but thanks for the help

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
Put some blue leds in my one

Yes pull down the front the side near windscreen pull back towards you a bit and pull down windscreen side and whole light cluster comes off and you have easy acc to bulbs they are easy to change i put some blue leds in the two outside and a white in the middle jay car had them for $1.95 each they call it a T10 wedge led .The blue is good as it looks good and is more softer light cant notice it from outside but can still see stuff and does not disturb others.Well worth it.

Attachments

• DSC03569.jpg
    DSC03569.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSC03572.jpg
    DSC03572.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,396
  • DSC03570.jpg
    DSC03570.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,292
  • DSC03576.jpg
    DSC03576.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,178
  • DSC03574.jpg
    DSC03574.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,120
Last edited:

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Is there 12v running to the lights or somewhere up there? Just want to tap a car cam recorder power up there.

VE_Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder Ute
Sorry guys old thread I know..
But I was looking to change the 2 little lights behind the seats on the utes, any idea how to get them out?