Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Lights

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Hey guys, i want to put some interior light on my care ( under the seats... ).
I have been looking around for some and all the ones i can find are them ones that you plug into your ciggeret lighter..
My ciggeret lighter dont work in the car at the momment, wouldnt have a clue why.
But that dont really bother me, i just dont like to see wiers in my car.
So im just wondering if there is somewere where i can find interior light that you dont have to plug into your ciggeret lighter.

Thanks Terry

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
all depends on how much electrical work you are willing to do,
with my mates excell, and skyline, the case was just neons that had cig lighter plug,
chopped it off, found some 12v power behind the radio, and put in a switch to control it,
cables run underneath carpet

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
yeah you dont have to buy lights that don't alrady have the cig lighter connection, you just chop that off, and strip back the wires, then you can hard wire it up to the fuse box in the bar, to any 12v wire inside the car or run a new wire (with a new fuse) from the battery. Just need to make sure that if you buy neons, that the transformer isn't in the cig lighter, cuz if it is then they won't work once you cut that off. For this reason I would suggest finding LED tubes/strips, as they don't have this problem.