Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Neons

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'm looking at getting a set of blue neons to stick near under the dash to light up the pedals/my feet on both drivers and front passenger side..

Blue Neons

Where do I connect them to/power source? how can you turn them on and off? i.e. only turning them on at night? or does it not matter?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
hey guys, ive wired up neons in 3 different cars now, all the same way for the footwells, its basically splicing into the cigarette lighter, and putting a switch on the positive wire then running that to the light and just running the negative straight from the cigarette lighter to the light. I only used i think a 12cm neon stick and it lights up the footwells well, you dont need the 30cm one unless thats going into the boot. I highly advise to put the neons to a switch incase you get pulled over by a cop.
Heres how mine look.
social-albums-my-vr-p-picture3950-image206.jpg

Marcho

Marcho"s R.I.D.E
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Accliam S2
If your car has the little hole in the glove box where, on older models and some newer ones the button for the boot release use to be. You can put the switch their and wire it to the glove box light for power as it is already fused. I used to have the blue LED neon’s from Jaycar in mine about $30.00 from Jaycar; they lit up the whole underside of the dash they looked really good and used stuff all power.

Just one more point to add. Do put any blue or red neon’s where they can be seen, either from outside the car or on the outside of the car, as the police can and will defect your car for having them.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
They don't have to on while your driving, that would only happen if they were wired to a constant power source, such as the ciggerate lighter, as listed above.They can be wired into the same wire that your interior lights run off, all you do is find the wire in your looms that runs to your exisitng interior lights, such as the roof light, and if you like either disconnect that, and re-wire it to your neons, or you can keep it, either way, you'll have to be pretty handy with a slodering iron, and know what your diong..

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
I've hooked up neons in my footwells so that they come on when the door opens. To do this you need to remove the driver's side kick panel (directly underneath the bonnet catch) and find an dual orange cable. With your neons. remove the cigarette lighter plug, strip back some wire on each end of the cables as well as some on the orange cables. Now on the neon cable side solder the wire with the white trace to the solid orange cable (an inline fuse should also be fitted to this cable). The solid neon cable goes to the orange cable with the white trace. If that is a little hard to understand, let me know and I will draw a diagram.

Last edited: