Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior parts Question..

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's, i have a question about the stereo fascia surround on a VP. I grabbed a Calais Fascia when i was at the wreckers. They line fine and everything i know that, but what i would like to know is- Can you take the buttons out, I.E the air-con button, the one that holds the immobiliser globes, and re-fit them to another Fascia? I ask because the Calais one was designed Climate Cont, and didnt have the globe hole. Ohyeah, and it says IRS:bang: so yeah, can i swap the buttons ...? I've looked and i cant figure it out...Guy at the wreckers said they just pop out....

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
they do pop out mate, have a look from the back and get in there with a flat blade screwdriver. pretty easy.

George

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Oh yeah i can get the air con and light button out of the Exec Spec one, but the bit where it says RTS, and the Calais one dosent have buttons just bits of plasitc were the buttonns would have been. They like like there glued in atleast, and cant be removed and swapped with anything...Maybe im wrong..?

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
your radio fascia is like this correct?
DSC00325.jpg

and you want to put one of these in correct?
DSC00284.jpg

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yep, exept my Exec Spec one, has a button for Air con..and the Calais one is slightly different to the one you posted, it has the IRS badge to the left, and then 3 false buttons....But yes otherwise same.i Can just fit the surround no probs, but i only want it in if i can have my air con button, and Imobiliser globe...

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
yea...those are blank spots. you carefully brake them out. i've done it a few times. attack the face part of where the switch would sit first with some pliers or a hacksaw or something then do the top and sides of where the button sits.

hope this helps

George

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hmmm, sounds like it could turn out a disaster if i ****ed it up...How were your end results after doing that?

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
exactly fine mate. looked exactly how it would if you popped the air con button and the immobiliser globe out.