Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Upgrades

P

paradox1

hey, at the moment i am thinking about ordering an aftermarket dash for my VS
has anyone already gone thru this? there seem to be 2 choices, carbon fibre or woodgrain. anyone know of places that sell them? i can only find burg design, and there offerings seem pretty good, any other places out there? the other question i have is about VT and above interiors,
have i got anty chance of putting in some new stuff like seats and fabric into my acclaim?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Paradox

Without too much hassle you could upgrade to any VS spec seat, like Calais Leather, SS Fabric or even Clubsport, GTS interior. For the VT onward seats you would need to modify the rails and in turn it'll make your car unroadworthy as it won't meet ADR's without an engineers cert. Jules from here might be able to confirm or deny that.

My memory isn't the best but I think the VS Calais have a woodgrain style shifter surround for the auto and maybe even a leather shifter. Would be cheaper than buying aftermarket.

Cheers

Jake

D

death-from-above

Yeah mate the woodgrain and carbon firbre assemblies dont come cheap i priced a few a while back and was about $500 AND you had to give them your dash pieces. If i even want to upgrad I would try and stick with that particualr model and make it genuine, that way you know what your getting and wont have any dramas.

A little off topic, but what to GM not sell as spare parts??

D

dumpd6

with the interior id go some thing like berlina/leather calais they aint full wicked seats but they just ad a bit of shape an style

i cant really describe them but some one else might...

P

paradox1

i have visited the spares wreckers around town, and calais spec gear is a scarce resource.... burg design and JHP are all that ihave seen so far... is there any other places out there? is there much else going aside from small dash upgrades? i want to go over the whole car... i have found doing it myself fun and cheap, with DIY stereo, tint, bit of chameleon highlighting, numerous interior exterior swithed neons, debadging, exhaust, cold air intake and a couple of other minor mods. some of it is dodgey, but it just seems to add to the fun of it all, and always gives a good laugh!!! one reoccuring thought is sandblasting the chasers for a bit of fun. atm i am sanding back a senator bodykit brought 2nd hand.... anyway, any help would be appreciated..

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
While l'm getting my bodykit sprayed l'm getting the darker parts in my vs (which are the parts that surround the gear shifter, and around the gauges) which isn't costing much extra, l'm getting it sprayed in the same colour though.

A mate of mine told me to get a clubby interior after that which would be good, but then the carpet/door trims wouldn't match.

If you have the money you can get a whole new interior or just parts trimmed out for you. My mate got his VL done which included seats and door trims for $1600. Not bad for a full custom job.

P

paradox1

just finished some weekend work, carbon fibre interior film. It looks great, and cost $20. it looks just as good as the aftermarket dashes available but a 20th of the price. i have left over film, and will keep on covering the darker parts. but i highly recommend it, if u think it dosnt look good, then just rip it off again!

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Yers well I'd personally go for some nice VS Calais door trims as well.

My bloody vp calais dash is alll plastic and looks relaly cheap and crappy.

P

paradox1

yeah i will post pics, i am stoked. i am progressivly pulling out more and more components to do them, the result is awsome. when i am done i will post some photos.