Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

intermitant cutout please help

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
ok i have been having a problem lately where the car will cut out completly engine light will flash and engine will then cut back in only cuts out for a second
started off doing it taking off from lights when under load but has now started to do it more often it is very intermittant it hadnt done it for several days the it has just started again
the computer is not putting up any codes that i can read. (using paperclip on pins 5 and 6)
just wanted to see if any1 has any suggestions
crank angle sensor has been replaced
dfi module has been replaced
2 of the 3 coil packs have been replaced

when it cuts out its not just one cylinder its all of them so that more or less rules out spark plugs and leads

i am either thinking throttle poition sensor or fuel sensor
fuel pump or something to do with spark??
not sure any help would be great if no1 can diagnose ill have to take it to mechanic and yer bit short of cash so any suggestions would be great

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try checking the codes again - it should flash '12' 3 times then will flash any codes. Sounds like the CAS ...sometimes new ones fail.
Good Luck

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
get your alternator checked. my vt was doing it. the alternator would drop voltage and then give a quick rise.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
hmm yer this may be it as the wire at the back of the alterator did burn and melt just after it first started and so i just reterminated it
i got the alterator replaced a while ago though so im thinking maybe the resistor pack the the back of it might be the go 2moro i am upgrading all the wiring i moved battery to boot with charger install so im gonna get some good earthing points with big cable to several spots on motor and chassis as a auto sparky told me it may be the earthing

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
did the bit of wiring fixed up wire at back of alternator think that might have been shorting to earth when the washer moved but im not sure hopefully its fixed but if any1 has ideas im listening
still not putting up codes cheked last night and this morning

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
didnt manage to fix it yesterday its getting worse i give it a bit of stick yesterday and it cut out worse than ever then continued to do it worse than ever it even compltly stalled out started again straight away but yer still no codes which i found unusual

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
ok its back cutting out worse than ever have taken it to an auto sparky for a quick look and he said if i wanted to get it fixed all he could do it go through the whole wiring loom looking for breaks
it happening fairly often now auto sparky said it could take a few hours could take a few days to find so im pretty much just after any suggestions.