Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

intermittent hesitation

Sebastien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 3.8
Hey!

quick question as im about the run out of battery and the charger is downstairs. haha

my 04 series II VY auto hesitates/misfires intermittently.

Heres how it happens.

If im in D and i floor it while its stationary it feels like it stutters trying to pick up as quickly as it can.

If i put it in 1 and do this the car picks up nice and fries the tyres.

Id does a very similar thing if im in in D and the auto is in 4th, and i accelerate as much as i can without getting the auto to kick down a gear. It kinda stutters and clunks a couple times.

Weird problem because under any other condition the car is smooth and picks up fine.

Any ideas?

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
my old VT commo did the same.... check your plugs & leads.. then coil packs first off

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Check the leads fit nice and tight onto the plugs first (may need to reduce the diameter of the metal rings inside the lead bases) then plug gaps (don't want these too wide) - no cost activities.
Then change the leads - though I doubt that they need changing as often as people will have you believe.
Coil packs are expensive and are not prone to failure in my experience with 6 or so commodores

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
yeah coilpacks are expensive... for the VT they were $50 each so $150 but ive heard more then often it is one of these, plugs, leads or coilpacks