Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Internet Security Software

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Howdy all

Currently running ZoneAlarm Security Suite and it's seriously giving me the shits with it's constant updating (even having set virus definition updates, etc to manual) nearly every hour on the hour that just slows the PC down to an annoying level

It used to be good but the last version I downloaded just seems to be a system resource using whore

Was wondering what suites other people are running or could recommend other than Norton ?

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
Depends what your after.
Personally I use a combination of AVG Free, Spybot, and Peerblock (for the torrents etc.)
My router has the built in firewall which I keep on strict settings, with windows 7 basic firewall I've never had anything more than a few marketing tracking cookies which AVG will pick up on and delete.
And btw their all free programs.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Have been running "Microsoft Security Essentials" with the native Windows 7 Firewall turned on since it came out.

Now I am an IT guy, Solutions & Technical Architect and working at a major solutions provider, connecting to many networks via hard line, WiFi, 3G/Mobile, behind a physical firewall, infront of a firewall and have not got anyting.

Just my 2c....

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
Been useing McAfee for the last year, Haven't had any issues with it.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
I use SEP11 (Symantec EndPoint Protection), as I am covered by a work licence, its great. But honestly MSE has a much smaller foot print with system grunt...and its free also

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i use avg free and have never had an issue since using it ,no viruses and no annoying stuff like slowing down my computer.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
I use bullguard..fantastic internet security for online and uses next to no resources..esp designed for internet gaming have used it for almost 8yrs,i highly recommend it : )