Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

internet USAGE!

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
well ppls I have 3g wireless 3 broadband and i struggle to do more than 2gb in the last month!
Slow as all hell at night after dinner time but later on it seems to be OK.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My parents have Aussie Broadband wireless out of Warrnambool and it's actually quite alot slower than a 56k modem during peak hours. It starts getting slower at lunch time, by the night it's unusable. I think the link from Portland to Warrnambool is the problem but seriously considering the money the government give them for line upgrages with each install 2 grand +. It's the biggest scam I've ever seen!:). They had 3g before and it was OK much better then the current one but more costly also

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I go through 10 gig a month just using the PS3 online. That's through Bigpond and haven't had a big issue with speed.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
yeh alot of smaller ISP's have better deals etc but my friends have had bad experiences.. e.g NETSPACE has a deal for super fast internet with 150gig per month yeh all go's well but once your internet stops working they take 10 years to fix it!!! i wont even start with DODO lol that just looks dodgey from the commercials. Hence the reason why i am with Bigpond, because when i do have trouble with my internet not working they have spot on support.

alrthough i am going to investigate exetel. cheers foam!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Exetel is full of win really, and the contract is only 30 days. I don't think I'll be changing isp
s for a very very long time

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
Whirlpool Broadband News

Whirlpool have a comprehensive ISP plan search engine and their forums are the best source for finding out about public opinions on isps (good/bad/etc) and also for resolving isp issues as most isps have reps that frequent the forums as well.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
Exetel is full of win really, and the contract is only 30 days. I don't think I'll be changing isp
s for a very very long time

hmm seems the goods..bigpond isnt a contract which is a good thing i guess, was the 30mbps 25 gig deal fast ?

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
Try turning your auto windows updates off and norton or what ever updates off they will still come up on the screen but you can choose when and if to download you will probably find they are chewing up your internet

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
hmm seems the goods..bigpond isnt a contract which is a good thing i guess, was the 30mbps 25 gig deal fast ?

I only have 1.5mb here since there's no adsl2 exchange here, in theory exetel should be the same speed as bigpond since I'm on the same lines for much of the way but in practice its faster than bigpond, it's also not droped out for even one second yet and bigpond were often reseting servers in the middle of the night or whatever they do for 15 minutes or so. I was happy with bigpond but in the end the price I was paying for the data I had compared to the price I should be paying was just too much difference and I couldn't do it anymore. When I called to quit it they asked me what deal I was on and I told them and they just said wow... we can't come close to matching that are you sure that's right? so they had no offer for me. I was also getting tired of their not looking after people in remote areas, it doesn't affect me since I happen to live close to an exchange but most people around here don't and there's nothing much being done about it so I rather not have my money go to people that don't care.

I can see usage graphs inside the exetel members area for all the links they use, none of them run flat out at anytime during the day, they get close at peak times but apart from that there's plenty spare so speed should allways be good. Anyway you can go with the bigpond plan, nothing wrong with them if you have the money to spare and don't mind the limited data but the cost and getting capped really anoyed me at times

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Hence the reason why i am with Bigpond, because when i do have trouble with my internet not working they have spot on support.

*wipes away tears of laughter*

Hellstra - wouldn't use them if they were the only ISP left in the world.

*love ya Norti*