Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interrior up down locks > slide locks

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
My old pov VB has the usual push down pull up interrior locks. I want to change them to the slide locks. Has any one done this and what is involved. Is it as simple as removing the slide lock components say from a later VK or VL and fitting them up to my VB?. I am sure that the VB SL/E was fitted with the slide locks.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
yes the vb sl/e did have slide locks, you need all the slides and the rods for the front and slides, the slides, rods and there is also a plastic L shape piviot for the rear door that can brake easy when removing. you best bet is to find a car and pull them off your self so you know what you need and how it goes together, but is pretty easy.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I changed my VK wagz from up/down locks to slide locks. Like wat Glenn said, it's easy, just gotta change the bits over. Rekon I paid $20 from a wrecker for it all.

I didn't think VB's had slide locks tho so wouldn't think they'd have the cut-outs for the bits to sit in. Not 100% sure tho.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Yeah glenn is right the VB SL/E had the slide locks with the central lock option.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
you will also need the doortrims with the cutouts for slidelocks or to cut yours out to suit, but then you will be left with the holes in the top where your old knobs were if you cut yours out.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I have new door trims with the cut outs that is why I asked the question.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I ended up getting slide locks from the wreckers out of a vl. Back doors were easy the front ones were a little fiddly. I use some whizz snips to cut the door metal on the donor cars to get the white slides that fit the door. They are so brittle. So my new door trims are in.

Mic smitto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vc
I ended up getting slide locks from the wreckers out of a vl. Back doors were easy the front ones were a little fiddly. I use some whizz snips to cut the door metal on the donor cars to get the white slides that fit the door. They are so brittle. So my new door trims are in.

Mate how did you fit the rear door locks I had no problems with the front one and are finding it difficult to set the rear ones up. I have the VL sliders and rods and SLE interior. My l shape plastic parts are all still in good order.