Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intro - Noobie from The Shire

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Hi All

Hope I’m posting this is the right section... Just wanted to say G'day as noobie to the Holden scene.

Have been a proud owner of a VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute (Auto) in Hazard Yellow for just over a year now - Albeit, not driving it much due to a lack of license - & is actually my daily work vehicle. She's currently stock as rock, unless you count a Canopy as a mod :p She generally sips on E-Flex (E85) as I'm blessed to live & work close to several sellers.

This is my first Aussie / Muscle car & was primarily driving Euro's & Jap cars. Previous cars I've had access to / owned, that are of note:

BMW E36 M3
Subaru Liberty GT Wagon - 192kw atw's
Porsche 911 996 C4S
Mitsubishi EVO 10 MR Bathurst Edition - 201 kw atw's (Stock!)
Porsche 911 997.1 Turbo

Looking to do some minor mods to the ute so she goes & sounds like a V8 should. Since it's a work car, keeping warranty is important & will more then likely go with Walkinshaw gear after speaking to a few very satisfied mates who have used Walkinshaw parts.

Before anyone says it, I am aware there are better value (& potentially better performing options) to Walkinshaw, but warranty is important given it's a work car & it's nice to know you're covered should something go pear shaped. Did a reasonable amount of searching & reading on the forum before joining, so I'm pretty well across the other well rated options etc.

As I'm running an auto with AFM (Going to disable AFM when the tune is done), just wondering if anyone has some first hand experience with expected power outputs / fuel economy with an equivalent car with say the Walky Power Pack (2.5 or 3.0 inch exhaust)? Also considering extractors for no other reason then to get a nicer note. Was also thinking about a cam, but the additional costs because of the AFM turned me off.

Wheel upgrades are also on the cards, although I am a fan of the Redline wheel design. Just feel it needs more rubber on the road especially when more power is being extracted.

Was also considering getting a Maloo to replace it as I think they are a better package out of the box & looks like it will get approx 15% better gains from similar mods BUT, with the VF around the corner, I'm really keen to see what the next generation has on offer before taken the plunge.

Cheers

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
full exhaust, OTR and tune will give anywhere between 240 to 260 rwkw roundabouts. you'll get less than the equivalent manual, but it'll fell a shedload better to drive. the driving experience after a tune is usually more satisfying than the number.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
welcome Redliner, check out my thread, walkinshaw all the way. ;)

Post some pics mate, in the VE - WM section.

BTW, the afm will nead the heads removed if you want to disable it completley, this is when you upgrade your lifters.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
full exhaust, OTR and tune will give anywhere between 240 to 260 rwkw roundabouts. you'll get less than the equivalent manual, but it'll fell a shedload better to drive. the driving experience after a tune is usually more satisfying than the number.

Those figures sound fine to me. I'm not chasing the big numbers, more so better drivability & hopefully economy... Just hate parting with big bucks but very minimal gain - Was a huge problem with my old Liberty GT.

welcome Redliner, check out my thread, walkinshaw all the way. ;)

Post some pics mate, in the VE - WM section.

BTW, the afm will nead the heads removed if you want to disable it completley, this is when you upgrade your lifters.

Will do! She's nothing special, but the Hazard Yellow does look great - Even with the canopy - when it's all clean. Hopefully will get a chance for some good photos with my mates Senator Signature during the holidays.