Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introduction - 1984 VK Calais

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
That is insanely clean. A nice set of VS Caprice wheels would suit it to a tee.

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanks mate,

I've bought a set of ultralows to be fitted tomorrow. I'll add some photos soon!

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Thanks mate,

I've bought a set of ultralows to be fitted tomorrow. I'll add some photos soon!

Everyone says don't go ultra low, buys them anyway :p haha

be sure to post up some pics and maybe a little review after they've settled in!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
aww man, you put in the ultra? ****. Seeing pictures of this old girl is pushing me harder to go and find myself another old girl.... but really? Ultras? Mate, you will look like an out and out hoon mobile asking to be pulled over and then you will lose the joy of driving it.

I also figure you will never admit to how much it just killed your ride comfort. lol

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
lmao!! Nah I bought them and haven't fitted them yet. In the end, you gotta do what you gotta do..

I want to have it low for summer and basically .. hard to explain the look im going for but here goes. I'll have it slammed but with mudflaps...constantly waxed and spotless..stock, clean interior (incl stock headunit), factory stickers (dealership/ming rust protection/1984 rego). I guess the lowering will look a little hoonish but I dunno..we can only wait until tomorrow.

Hopefully it will look good, I will share the photos soon..

**if anyone has a sun visor let me know ;)

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hi everyone. Over the weekend I had my new springs fitted and also waxed and detailed my Calais to really make that turd-brown shine. Weather was okay on Sunday so I took some photos for this thread...but just remembered I haven't yet uploaded them to Imageshack.:doh:

okay here they are:

Out with the old, in with the new. As always the rear were much easier to remove than the front.
Uploaded with ImageShack.com
Here's a nasty suprise, no wonder I couldn't figure out what kind of springs I originally had. They were crudely chopped factory springs! So bloody dangerous..
Front's removed, ready for the new springs..
Another bodgy finding.. the fronts were also cut..oh and held in place with a cable tie and duct tape. Firstly, proper dangerous..secondly how the f did this pass RWC??
Moving on..After detailing the car, I went for a drive to Williamstown. First time highway driving. Was fine until I hit a certain speed..:|
After I traveling through the very fabric of the space-time continuum, I grabbed some more photos from today and more importatly how the VK now sits..
The ride is very comfortable. To be honest I was hoping it would sit a little lower but it may still sag. Should I keep the mudflaps on or?

I hope you all like it and thanks for viewing.
Dean

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Still love those old Calais's. Been a long time since I've seen one that clean and original :thumbsup:

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
I'd take the flaps off, she looks good though!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
leave the flaps, leave eveything, that looks really nice.

one thing though, you got an adjustable panhard bar? the pics looks like its pretty centered. something to keep in mind though.

one thing (cos being picky is what i do) see if you cant get the grille to sit a little bit higher in the center. its pointing downwards at the moment so the gap in the center (under the bonnet) is larger than the outsides. its little touches like that that make a good car great.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
one thing (cos being picky is what i do) see if you cant get the grille to sit a little bit higher in the center. its pointing downwards at the moment so the gap in the center (under the bonnet) is larger than the outsides. its little touches like that that make a good car great.

I now notice that everytime.... arsehole. lol