Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introduction - 1984 VK Calais

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hi, just joined the forum. I have always LOVED early commodores, specifically 1980's era. I recently picked up my 1984 VK Calais and had it registered for the first time in a long while. A previous owner had stored it for 10 years before I picked It up. I've since cleaned it up a little and registered it. I love the old feel to it, the leather, digital dash and other features. Since we had such good weather today, I snapped a few pictures at lunch.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

More pics to come. Thanks for viewing -

Future plans: Try to find Calais wheels, maybe pacemakers, mild cam, ultralows.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate

That looks mint. Very nice and original.
Keep the photos coming.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Very nice mate , those interceptor rims suit the car well

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Wow...This thing is miss, makes me miss my 333 calais :(, what's she running driveline wise ?

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanks everyone, I wasn't sure about the rims. I'd like some polished Calais rims but these days pretty hard to find. Driveline everything is completely stock except for the exhaust..which is straight through..no mufflers :dance:. One day I'd like to get a mild cam but first is lowering. I made a thread this morning about current height maybe someone could answer :p

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Thanks everyone, I wasn't sure about the rims. I'd like some polished Calais rims but these days pretty hard to find. Driveline everything is completely stock except for the exhaust..which is straight through..no mufflers :dance:. One day I'd like to get a mild cam but first is lowering. I made a thread this morning about current height maybe someone could answer :p

Polished calais rims would look great! as for going lower, ultra lows on the old girls tend to go a bit too low i'd stick with supers especially on the smaller wheel. Look after her mate this thing is a gem!

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thankyou 75 that's very kind :). I have posted some photos of the rims and measurements if anyone can pleeeaase offer advice of which springs to fit it would be a great help:
Idealy i'd like to tuck a bit of tyre..let me know what you think!

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
My mate has ultra lows on his VL Calais, he gets some severe scrub issues, i'd go super low or super super. but not ultra, maybe see if you can get the guards rolled too.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
by the looks of it, it's already on superlows
don't go any lower, you'll be riding the bump stops and it's going to ride & handle like a pig
It's surprising how little suspension travel these things have even at that ride height. I'm looking at winding up the adjusters on mine to increase the height just a bit. It keeps smashing bump stops to pieces.

seriously, looks good as it is, it will look like a bogan-mobile if you go any lower.
Looks good though mate, definitely a set of polished Calais wheels would top it off

Last edited:

Brendo55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute and vk calais
Looks awsome mate very tidy,mines almost the same and I have ultra lows but long way of fitting so can't be much help sorry,lol