Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inverter generators

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I am thinking about getting a inverter generator. At this stage though I am still undecided I am looking at a Briggs and Stratton 2200. Has anyone used either this make or perhaps another that would be good? I have pretty much ruled out Honda and Yamaha due to cost.
My wife with a little bit of help from me could be going into bond cleaning so there would not be much power drawn off from the generator.
I particularly like the inverter type generator due to their light weight.
Thanks

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
If you can, test whatever you want to get for the noise.
Last thing you want is anger from noise complaints.

Just also be mindful of how it is rated. commonly they rate them in watts, but remember to look at whatever you want to run off of it.
I say this as inductive and capacitive loads can use a lot more "power". But that's generally motors and so forth.
To explain 2KVA or 2000w is actually possibly different, as VA is not the same as Watts. VA may be considering a pf from said loads.

Having a read of the Briggs and Stratton it seems not too bad.
If you are worried about weight just get a small trolley to move it about, as they may seem light, which is fine for moving in and out of a car, but if its to be moved around a bit more no point straining yourself.