Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Invisible Top Seller

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
If I ever had to part with either my XR6 Falcon or VX II Commodore, and buy a new small car for local trips and shorter runs, the Hyundai 130 SR Auto looks the stand out buy.

I have been looking to bump a (male) owner in a car park and ask what he thinks of it. The problem is, I have not seen one in the flesh on a Sydney road for the past 6 months.

This is strange as the i30 is close to Australia’s to selling sedan, 3rd in May with some 2800 sold.

Are these all the base model 2 litre i30 ( still an excellent car )

Why the lack of SR sales ?

Apart from not seeing an i30 SR in the flesh, I have not seen an Elantra SR either !

Is it the big jump in cost over the base 2 litre i30 ?

About $6,000 to $8,000. Is it the Dual clutch transmission.?

Ford sold very few FGX Falcons, but I see plenty of them on the road.

I cannot find an Australian Hyundai internet Forum to put the question.

Love to hear any informed comment.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I cannot find an Australian Hyundai internet Forum to put the question.

Hyundai's target market for these cars are typically not the type of people that would post about them on a forum. You might get lucky in the Automotive section of Whirlpool or something.

I would wager that people are only buying the cheapest A to B car in the range (again, target market), or their design kind of just makes them blend into everything else.

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe

I was well aware of this overseas site with with an Australian thread. Very poor site. I was hoping that with the large number of Hyundai vehicles on Australian roads that there would be a strictly Australian site, just like Just Commodores or the Ford Forum.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I was well aware of this overseas site with with an Australian thread. Very poor site. I was hoping that with the large number of Hyundai vehicles on Australian roads that there would be a strictly Australian site, just like Just Commodores or the Ford Forum.

Coz Hyundai drivers are enthusiasts like Commodore drivers ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
that no-one watches.

There used to be a Commodore cup, but that disappeared....So what would that tell you?

Hang on...It started out with just Commodores and then Falcons were allowed to compete with them, then it seemed to disappear....Yes, I enjoyed seeing them race, but they just disappeared....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
There used to be a Commodore cup, but that disappeared....So what would that tell you?

Hang on...It used to be Commodores and Falcons...Not just Commodores, yet it has seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth....Might be wrong though

the world can only handle so many racing series with Commodores.

and now there will be none because the new Commodore is a pile of crap.