Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IOS and My Link

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
Ok kiddies,
Have gone back to iPhone after a year with Android. So I know to use stitcher and Pandora, I have to be plugged in. No real problem with that as I will now just put my car music onto the phone instead of the ipod.
Question tho. has anyone got Siri to work from an iPhone 6 and with android, if I received a txt message I could have the girl in the car read it out to me. Is that available with IOS?

Cheers...

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Ok kiddies,
Have gone back to iPhone after a year with Android. So I know to use stitcher and Pandora, I have to be plugged in. No real problem with that as I will now just put my car music onto the phone instead of the ipod.
Question tho. has anyone got Siri to work from an iPhone 6 and with android, if I received a txt message I could have the girl in the car read it out to me. Is that available with IOS?

Cheers...

Yep, once your iPhone is connected via bluetooth, and you receive a message, hold the phone button on the steering wheel for about 3 or 4 seconds and you will hear the Siri beep and then say "read that message", and it will read it. You can also use this for anything else you want to ask Siri to do.

The VF also has simple voice commands built in, which is activated by simply pressing the phone button once and quickly... this is ok for "Call John Smith"

isb_syd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sports wagon
To get mylink to read your text messages on an iphone you need to go to

Setting/bluetooth/mylink and turn on "notifications"

confirm this works with iphone6+ on ios8.0.2

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
To get mylink to read your text messages on an iphone you need to go to