Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS10 iPhone update - IQ phone Bluetooth issue

Exceller8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SSZ
I'm having the same issue. When I told Holden Berwick about it, they had no idea about the issue. The transfer workaround is working for me but it's not good enough. The once faultless Apple iPhones are now riddled with issues on each update. Apple is slowly loosing it

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
They are bringing out Bluetooth 5.0 ( the Bluetooth Consortium) , without sorting the issues with 4. they need to get the backwards compatibility sorted ... sigh

JoseyBoy

#ibleedred
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE CALAIS V
Same issue hear in my Ve Calais! N iphone7
Updated to 10.1
Still no luck..

It's bloody annoying as I've just got a new iPhone 7

Last edited:

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Same issue here, we have two commodores (VE Omega Series 2, VE SS Series 1 With IQ Unit). iPhone 5S... (had a few different phones)...... issues. No audio when answering calls or also when making them. With iOS 10 I found if you call or answer a call and get no audio, if you unlock the phone and just tap the audio (to select the source) it just flashes on mine and suddenly the sound comes out the speakers........ some people do the double transfer thing...... doesn't always work I find. I mean your driving how bloody dangerous is this crap APPLE! Holden! Come ON!

It sucks, I posted on Apple's forums, they removed my post apparently because I mentioned I'm now running BETA IOS ...... and beta's not aloud 'the word' on the forum ...... idiots.

Apple wont fix it, they've moved onto CarPlay, Holden wont fix it they're leaving shop.

So we are screwed. You know how you fix an iPhone with an IQ issue.......... you buy a bloody SAMSUNG.... it's honestly probably the only way to get a damn phone call reliably in the car is to use a stupid android no doubt.

--------- AH FOR THE SAKE OF IT ->>>> Here is my rant Apple Removed.

We have two Holden Commodores here in Australia, we've had a few iPhones and we've had numerous issues with the Holden IQ system in both cars. Basically you can answer a call and no audio, you can type transfer twice on some VE's, depending on the iOS version and that works, sometimes not.

I currently have run iOS 10..... and interestingly, I have to unlock the phone while driving and tap the 'source' button for the audio. The screen flashes and the audio suddenly comes on in the car.

Now our cars have the latest Holden IQ software, as I have a Tech 2 & MDI to basically update them myself.

Other phones DO NOT have a problem with Holden IQ. It's just APPLES. WHY. What seems like forever ago now they used to work mostly....... but with the addition of FaceTime, CarPlay...... Apple's TouchID, stupid push button unlock system in iOS 10 now......... basically EVERYTHING they've added, improved on has made this problem worse and worse.

Why cant Apple, one of the richest companies in the world who supposably care about their customers FIX this issue. If Holden cant, geez Apple, you got money get your Tech's into the IQ system software and have them send Holden a fix/make a fix.

It's annoying phone after phone, update after update...... for a car thats not that old we're still having basic call issues.

It is dangerous........ and it is apples fault. No different then how Apple cut out Google Maps. Again another point, Google Maps used to send directions out the IQ system, it'd just chime in as it needed to..... now it doesn't work at all.

So while Apple may have an eco-system, it's quickly falling apart for us in our house.

Has apple lost their way? ......... that's currently the question. Maybe Apple should say hey....... while we don't want to be like Windows, can we ask sir/madam, what kind of car system are you using for your bluetooth phone calls?....... eg. I select well it's a Holden IQ system and the phone adjusts/patches whatever it has to and JUST WORKS!

I dont care how they fix it, they just need to fix it. IT IS A DANGER ON THE ROAD USING AN APPLE PHONE WITH A HOLDEN IQ SYSTEM.

----

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
so TLDR, 10.1 does nothing. @bigdaddycool you shouldn't be so surprised Apple never admit to anything that's wrong with their products, you realise out of the box the 7 and iOS10 were completely stuffed on one of the biggest telco's in the US and wasn't fixed for at least 2 point releases.

I just want them to fix this as plenty of our work vehicles are GM and of course work phones are all 6S's and a few geniuses update their devices day dot even if we tell them not to.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Updated here, still no luck was really hoping....
I agree with all this talk about safety and using mobiles handsfree, the very technology that makes it safer whilst driving, Apple can't seem to get working. I believe as it a "safety issue" Bluetooth should just work, it is 2016 -surely The Bluetooth Special Interest Group could mandate backwards compatibility with phone manufactures. Holden could fix it if they wanted too, as well, but they are too busy packing up and going back to the US.
All very well to say don't use your phone, but that is an argument that is in the past, it is necessary these days and Bluetooth is a very safe way of making and receiving calls. Governments answer is too allow these companies to shaft us and then "fine us" when the Technology lets us down. It can't be that difficult to make Bluetooth work as it is intended, maybe when a few deaths result from this issue the Government Bureaucrats may start earning their $400000 plus salaries and look after Australians not Multi Nationals.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Updated here, still no luck was really hoping....
I agree with all this talk about safety and using mobiles handsfree, the very technology that makes it safer whilst driving, Apple can't seem to get working. I believe as it a "safety issue" Bluetooth should just work, it is 2016 -surely The Bluetooth Special Interest Group could mandate backwards compatibility with phone manufactures. Holden could fix it if they wanted too, as well, but they are too busy packing up and going back to the US.
All very well to say don't use your phone, but that is an argument that is in the past, it is necessary these days and Bluetooth is a very safe way of making and receiving calls. Governments answer is too allow these companies to shaft us and then "fine us" when the Technology lets us down. It can't be that difficult to make Bluetooth work as it is intended, maybe when a few deaths result from this issue the Government Bureaucrats may start earning their $400000 plus salaries and look after Australians not Multi Nationals.

I bet their stupid wireless headphones work flawlessly - but your car will be a low priority to them.

JoseyBoy

#ibleedred
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE CALAIS V
Its Really Bloody Annoying!
lets hope apple make a backwards Capability Feature in a future update!

I Came back from Androiod too,and now i cant even recieve calls...

hopefully a fix can happen