Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS10 iPhone update - IQ phone Bluetooth issue

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I think you will find holden wont fix it because there isn't anything for holden to fix its apple that has made changes to its Bluetooth protocol/structure causing backwards compatibility issues.
and apple wont fix it because face it to apple you are just an open wallet they don't give a sh!t for you and your car if its not going to bring them massive profit they wouldn't spend the time.
we are talking about a company that changes the shape of its usb/charger plug for no reason other than to sell another few hundred million usb cables, the same company that went as far to brick peoples phones because they got them fixed at a 3rd party repair shop and other strange changes that really are not needed.

I think the iq unit in the series 2 commodores is windows ce6 based much like the first mylinks so really compatibility should not be an issue because wince6 is 10 years old.
with holden focusing on carplay and android auto they probably wont do much for the old iq units.
so I guess you might just have to buy a whole new car to support your phone lol

android FTW :p

JoseyBoy

#ibleedred
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE CALAIS V
Haha yeah! Pretty average from apple!
Works in my old mans series 2 vf though!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Works in my old mans series 2 vf though!

now that's something interesting because the mylink in the vf is a QNX based system not a windows ce one.
maybe the issue is inbetween apples IOS and windows ce.

I wonder if it works in the 2014/2015 colorado, trax, barina because they have a windows ce based mylink in them.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hey guys,

Sorry have been busy with work commitments and not able to provide updates. As most of you have found out the latest iOS10 update did not sort the bluetooth issue out.

I spoke with Holden today for an update. Holden technicians are aware of the issue for series 2 iQ and Apple iOS10 since I pushed it through. They were not aware of the issue until pointed out. They are currently working on finding out what is causing the issue and will hopefully have an iQ software update for it. I should hopefully hear more tomorrow on the progress and will update my thread.

As I've pointed out earlier, taping the transfer call touch button is a temp work around. The other way is to tap the speaker icon on the iPhone, obviously you'll want to have your phone mounted in a cradle, thus avoiding potential fines. :)

Anyway my SV6 is still under Holden factory warranty (5 year, 100,000klm) and not the dealer extended warranty so they will need to find a solution. I am sure I'm not the only one with extended warranty situations.

Also if you intend on downgrading your iPhone to 9.3.5, make sure you do a backup of your phones data as the downgrade wipes the entire phone contents.

Be in touch.

Cheers

Hexem

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Well yet another iOS10 update out, version 10.1.1. Still no change and no word from Holden. I will chase up at the end of the this week.

Cheers

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Like we should file a damn class action or something with the ACCC. Does it matter who is responsible? This is a road safety issue Holden/Apple are refusing to fix.

People are having to try and get their phone system working while driving...... surely there are enough of us to make some noise and get this fixed. Holden doing nothing, GM ignoring this, Apple blaming Holden is not good enough.

This is a road safety issue caused directly by the manufacturer. Apple don't provide a warning slip saying hey 'wont with with Holden Commodores' we're not liable if you kill yourself trying to get the audio to work while driving.

Even the Police themselves should take note. ITS A BIG F'IN PROBLEM

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Problem is , we are a small number of people who have an issue with Bluetooth, Holden are leaving and Apple only care about the Chinese market.
One answer I received from an Apple Tech was get "Car Play", yeah Holden made sure we can't do, that by making it impossible to change Head Unit.
I'd say we Series 2 IQ users are screwed , what we have is the best it will be.

moover

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
any update on this?, i'm going to get a ticket for using my phone soon....

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hey all,

I've been told by Holden that a fix is coming.

I'm going into my dealer on Monday while they check software version of the iQ system.

I was talking with one of the guys at my work on Friday, he has a VE2 2013 build and an iphone6 running iOS 10.1.1, he has no issues receiving calls over buletooth in the car.

Will hopefully have a response from Holden next week. I'll update this thread when I have more.

Cheer

JoseyBoy

#ibleedred
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE CALAIS V
Good to know a fix is coming!

Now last night when I tried Make calls using Siri it would make the call but the same thing you couldn't actual hear it! It's was like it wasn't routing the audio to through the IQ

I managed to get it to work by using by phone and pressing speaker then back to vehicle Bluetooth but that's ILLEGIAL

anyone else have this issue?
Stupid iPhone and Holden not working together