Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS10 iPhone update - IQ phone Bluetooth issue

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
Good to know a fix is coming!

Now last night when I tried Make calls using Siri it would make the call but the same thing you couldn't actual hear it! It's was like it wasn't routing the audio to through the IQ

I managed to get it to work by using by phone and pressing speaker then back to vehicle Bluetooth but that's ILLEGIAL

anyone else have this issue?
Stupid iPhone and Holden not working together

I've had the siri issue for a while, as well, I just use the screen to search numbers. The current issue is a pain, hopefully the update will fix it, I'm getting sick of hitting the "transfer call" button twice to hear a call

JoseyBoy

#ibleedred
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE CALAIS V
I've had the siri issue for a while, as well, I just use the screen to search numbers. The current issue is a pain, hopefully the update will fix it, I'm getting sick of hitting the "transfer call" button twice to hear a call

Hopefully!
i dont use my phone super often in my car so its not a huge issue,just bloody annoying and a massive inconvenience..

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Good to know a fix is coming!

Now last night when I tried Make calls using Siri it would make the call but the same thing you couldn't actual hear it! It's was like it wasn't routing the audio to through the IQ

I managed to get it to work by using by phone and pressing speaker then back to vehicle Bluetooth but that's ILLEGIAL

anyone else have this issue?
Stupid iPhone and Holden not working together
Best workaround at the moment I believe is to double tap "Transfer Call" on the IQ. Still not ideal as it requires pushing several buttons. Hopefully Holden will issue a free software update soon as it is a serious safety issue.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Update.
Took the car to Holden today. Loaded software update for iQ system. Issue still occurring.

They contacted Holden and advised. Looks to be more challenging than first thought. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Bluetooth version going from 4.0 to 4.2. I am not sure what version Bluetooth software was party of iOS 9.3.5.

Anyway I will keep you posted on a hopefull fix.

Cheers

happpyg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V Series II
Thanks for the updates HEXEM, same issue here in a 2010 VE Calais series 2, watching this thread for a fix. Transfer workaround works for me for now.

Cheers

SalOddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Berlina International
Thanks for the updates HEXEM, same issue here in a 2010 VE Calais series 2, watching this thread for a fix. Transfer workaround works for me for now.

Cheers
Same here having the same problem with my VE Commodore!

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
If some clever dude could figure out how to transplant a new Double Din headunit in the series 2 without downgrading to Series 1 , he would be on a winner. Holden will not fix it, even if they do how much to flash the new firmware? and Apple don't care.

Turri

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Have the same issue with my VE SV6 wagon. It was due for service today at Holden. I ask them to check the Bluetooth issue.
Check if I had latest software. Yeah
They have advised that they put a out of warranty request for this issue. They advised a new radio unit will be required. Waiting to hear back next week.

Tojo68

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega
Hi, just thought i would do a search about the issue i'm having and found this Forum Discussion. having the same issue. Will try the transfer temporary work-around. Interested in hearing if a patch/update comes out.

Havent had to install an update before. Does this need to be done by Dealer Service team?

Thanks

Smiddys

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Sedan
Hi, Iv been having this exact issue with my cars Bluetooth since upgrading to IOS10. I even joined the Apple Beta program to upgrade to 10.2 but this hasn't helped either. Can make calls fine but people who call me can't hear me and i can't hear there. Will have to try the transfer button as i'm constantly having to touch the phone in the cradle and its going to get me caught by the police one day.

I have no hopes of Apple doing anything about it. Good to hear that Holden seem to be working on a fix.

Thanks for the info