Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS10 iPhone update - IQ phone Bluetooth issue

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with apples latest iOS10 update and iPhone Bluetooth answering issue.

I recently upgraded the iPhone 6s Plus software to version 10.0.2. Now when someone calls me while I'm in the car and I answer the call, there. Is no voice audio and the caller can't hear me either.

As a work around, once you answer the incoming call you have to press the "transfer" button on the IQ screen twice. Then your able to communicate with the person calling.

The issue only affects incoming calls, all outgoing calls made from the IQ system Bluetooth functions normally.

I visited my local Holden dealership today who stated they have not had anyone complain about this issue. The dealership is intending on following up the issue.

Cheers
Hexem

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
I'm in the same boat - experienced the issue with my iPhone 6 and now with my 7, both of which were running iOS 10

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Same, had same issue since mid 9.x though.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Same, had same issue since mid 9.x though.

I haven't had any issues with previous iPhones and was running 9.3.5 without issue. If your having issues with the earlier version, v9 there might be an IQ update for you.

bigbang1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I'm getting exactly the same issue. I have a 6S on 10.0.2 and my wife has the same. I can call her OK but when she calls me neither of us can hear each other. This wasn't an issue until we updated onto iOS 10. Haven't tried the work around you mentioned.

johnowenmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE S2 Calais V Redline Sportwagon
I haven't had any issues with previous iPhones and was running 9.3.5 without issue. If your having issues with the earlier version, v9 there might be an IQ update for you.

I'm having the same issue with an iPhone 5 & 6. Both upgraded to ios10 and cannot accept incoming calls. Outgoing calls ok. I had my car in for service and told them about it and they just shrugged it off.

JLEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Commodore (MY12.5)
My issue after upgrading to iOS 10 is that every-time my phone connects to the car is says there's an call happening when there really isn't. It's easily fixed though just by playing some music but the issue is still there.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Hi all,

As a work around, once you answer the incoming call you have to press the "transfer" button on the IQ screen twice. Then your able to communicate with the person calling.

Cheers
Hexem
Double tap is a great work around

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I'm having the same issue with an iPhone 5 & 6. Both upgraded to ios10 and cannot accept incoming calls. Outgoing calls ok. I had my car in for service and told them about it and they just shrugged it off.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holden come back to me and say the IQ is at end of life support. No further update support.
I have downloaded iOS9.3.5 image so I can downgrade my iPhone software.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
No update form Holden yet. I spoke to my dealer on Thursday and they advised that the issue was emailed to Holden TAC. Now it's a waiting game. Another option might be to email Apple.

Cheers