Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS10 iPhone update - IQ phone Bluetooth issue

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Thanks for all the diagnostics Hexem, it really helps us all out, I have downgraded back to 10.2.1 due to a couple of apps really spitting the dummy, I have let Apple know so hopefully they will be aware in next Beta.
One good thing they haven't stopped Siri from sending and reading messages over bluetooth on the VE so that is one winner.

Last edited:

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I have sent feedback to Apple Beta feedback app explaining the Siri issue. I also referenced the previous issue and the Apple Case number for that. Hopefully it will get fixed for the official release.

Its some progress at least

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So it's kind of half fixed? What a joke. Still advising my users not to update to iOS10 - Apple are starting to look dumber and dumber - bet this has something to do with those wireless headphones. Seeing how long it took to get them to market makes me think that engineering have had some issues along the line, poor old Apple having to get their stuff working with third party HW. Hoping the wireless headphones thing is a fad like 3DTV (which is now pretty much officially dead) then they can stick to making BT just plain BT.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Bit of hassle downgrading because they change the file structure from HFS+ to AFS , so be aware and if you want to downgrade it can take some time. Good on you for reporting the issue with Siri, Hexem, I did the same so hopefully it may all get sorted

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
To sum up, iOS 10.3 beta fixes the initial problem but breaks Siri somehow? Was this particular Siri functionality working correctly before the beta?

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Nearly right, Siri is still not working from the earlier 10 update, in that you can't make phone calls using voice, like you were able to in ios 9, but nothing has changed as far as Messaging goes it all still works like before in ios 9.
10.3 is a step in the right direction in fact many steps and it is good we are going forward not back.
Hexem is continually on Apple's back so we should really thank him.

Gtx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss thunder
I noticed also when i get incoming calls i see number but no name wondering if this is normal?? it updates contacts every time i get in and well done with the apple saga now waiting for February cheers

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I noticed also when i get incoming calls i see number but no name wondering if this is normal?? it updates contacts every time i get in and well done with the apple saga now waiting for February cheers

Yeah that's normal. Might be different on VF but normal on VE 2

Selina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Commodore wagon
HEXEM thank you for all your help with this. Look forward to 10.3