Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IPF Supercharger kit

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
Hey all, just curious if many out here with the LFX sidi motor have installed the IPF supercharger kit from the Camaro?
I know of one and that member reports no issues in converting the little things that need changing but wanted a few other opinions before I consider the kit.
any help would be great.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Hey all, just curious if many out here with the LFX sidi motor have installed the IPF supercharger kit from the Camaro?
I know of one and that member reports no issues in converting the little things that need changing but wanted a few other opinions before I consider the kit.
any help would be great.

For that cash you could convert your car to a v8 and still have change, or just sell it and buy an SS.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
For that cash you could convert your car to a v8 and still have change, or just sell it and buy an SS.

FFS. Nice response you prehistoric moron.

To answer OPs question, IPF do in fact sell the kit to fit commodores with little modifications. A guy over in WA recently did it. Make yourself over 300rwkw, retain good fuel economy and have something that's unique.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
FFS. Nice response you prehistoric moron.

To answer OPs question, IPF do in fact sell the kit to fit commodores with little modifications. A guy over in WA recently did it. Make yourself over 300rwkw, retain good fuel economy and have something that's unique.

really is no need for the member abuse. OP did ask for "other opinions", this is the VE section, not the V6 section.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
really is no need for the member abuse. OP did ask for "other opinions", this is the VE section, not the V6 section.

because it's always a joy to read the same obligatory response.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
because it's always a joy to read the same obligatory response.

as is reading the v6 guys getting their goat up about such replies.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 V6 I don't really care I was just asking for opinions and advice about the kit. Owned V8`s don't want another atm hence I own the SV6. The car is our daily and the wife and I would both prefer a super 6 over an 8 which is I was asking about that kit. good to see people can be open minded lol

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
V8 V6 I don't really care I was just asking for opinions and advice about the kit. Owned V8`s don't want another atm hence I own the SV6. The car is our daily and the wife and I would both prefer a super 6 over an 8 which is I was asking about that kit. good to see people can be open minded lol

It's an extremely reliable kit, it makes very good power and it's in the top 2 options for kitted FI on an LLT/LFX. There's plenty of information on camaro5, a great forum at that where you won't hear the same regurgitated rubbish.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks SV6Guy will check it out for sure, I find it funny how fickle some V8 people can be. I honestly don't get it but hey each to their own I guess

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks SV6Guy will check it out for sure, I find it funny how fickle some V8 people can be. I honestly don't get it but hey each to their own I guess

i dont understand how one user recommending a v8 is being "fickle".

camaro owners must just be less argumentative than commodore owners, just dont ask them about their firebird