Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IPF Supercharger kit

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
because its all about v8`s to them, To be honest this is why I preferred rotary owners. they don't care what ya drive because they are normally spanking anyone. thanks for ya input Hakhawk has been very helpful :)

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
FFS. Nice response you prehistoric moron.

To answer OPs question, IPF do in fact sell the kit to fit commodores with little modifications. A guy over in WA recently did it. Make yourself over 300rwkw, retain good fuel economy and have something that's unique.

I'm 24 years old, which is not prehistoric. I have owned supercharged, turbo charged and V8 vehicles and was providing my opinion on the matter. Also, if you think you can retain good fuel economy from a blown 6 running 300rwkw, you have been mislead. My SS uses 1.5L/100km's less than my XR6 (non turbo) did, same driving, uses 11L/100km's less than my Subaru Liberty RS Turbo, and 8L/100km's less than my blown V6 Chrysler 300c.

To clarify, in my opinion, I would not charge another 6 for reliable and economic power, because you will be very unlikely to get both.

Kthxbye.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What do the kits cost? Nothing available locally?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
PS. Look everyone im helping!

Love it and yeah I aint worried about economy just reliability mainly with a bit more punch. I have spoken to one guy who has installed it and pointed me in the right direction about relocation of power steering set up and was just seeing who else had done it out there.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
What do the kits cost? Nothing available locally?

to be honest haven't had much luck with anything locally, Some do kits but tend to be for anything but the LFX motor.
and price looks about the 7 grand mark roughly depending on exchange rate and import costs. A lot of money yes and I could buy a V8 but like I said been there done that.
I`m not after a massive power house of a thing I just wanted a tad more grunt from what we own.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
to be honest haven't had much luck with anything locally, Some do kits but tend to be for anything but the LFX motor.
and price looks about the 7 grand mark roughly depending on exchange rate and import costs. A lot of money yes and I could buy a V8 but like I said been there done that.
I`m not after a massive power house of a thing I just wanted a tad more grunt from what we own.

Honestly, if the IPF is going to cost ~7000 plus shipping and taxes, you may as well just go down the Raptor route. There are probably better options from them (power wise) for maybe slightly more money or equal money.

As I said, I am skeptical if the above link actually has the kit installed as there are zero pictures. But he was claiming somewhere around the 220rwkw mark.

To me (and this is not a stab at V6s so please, usual suspects dont get your butthurt out of its box) sounds like a pitiful amount for that type of cash, although I spose from a 190kw standard to 220 isnt that bad)

Are the raptor kits comparable in power?

Id be taking a look at what the Camaro and Caddilac guys are doing over in the States. You may also be able to find someone replacing a standard kit with an after market and pick it up cheap.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Honestly, if the IPF is going to cost ~7000 plus shipping and taxes, you may as well just go down the Raptor route. There are probably better options from them (power wise) for maybe slightly more money or equal money.

As I said, I am skeptical if the above link actually has the kit installed as there are zero pictures. But he was claiming somewhere around the 220rwkw mark.

To me (and this is not a stab at V6s so please, usual suspects dont get your butthurt out of its box) sounds like a pitiful amount for that type of cash, although I spose from a 190kw standard to 220 isnt that bad)

Are the raptor kits comparable in power?

Id be taking a look at what the Camaro and Caddilac guys are doing over in the States. You may also be able to find someone replacing a standard kit with an after market and pick it up cheap.

Yeah am looking at a few options the LFX is a stupid thing to be honest, Built in exhaust headers make it harder. The blank stares I get when I explain there are no headers for this car makes me laugh. I know its a lot of cash and there are probably gains I could make with less cash just have to look harder. I know the guy you are talking about and have asked for more pics or a video of it running but no response yet sadly. Will google the raptor kit and see what I come up with just hope people are more helpful about it than the CAPA mob, 2 weeks and still haven't answered my email or returned my calls about any options.