Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iphone 7

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
another year, another incremental upgrade - Apple are straight up out of ideas.

until phones can do what Tony Starks mobiles do - they are all behind.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
...just hated having to do everything through itunes.

Technically, you own nothing in iTunes and you have to pay to play... same with all the cloud crap

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Technically, you own nothing in iTunes and you have to pay to play... same with all the cloud crap
Well thats a lie, I have over 10,000 songs and I think iv only ever bought one song of iTunes. Im an iPhone user too.

I think people don't have a computer to run with their phone or are too lazy to sync there phone so they end up buying their music from iTunes.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Have fun charging your phone while using a AUX cable or wired headphones .

Apple should have ditched the lightning cable and gone with usb C . So now we are going to have in the future apple with lightning headphones and androids with type c headphones , Instead of the 3.5mm.

Apart from that ,

No expandable memory
Meh Camera , duel camera isnt really that good yet in phones , See G5 , P9
Stupid camera bump
No removable battery
Battery size is okay , could have kept the phone a bit thicker and had a better battery , and since now apple wants you to have blue tooth on all the time so you can run the headphones , will drain quick
No headphone jack locking you into the lighting port system

I did like how they have finally made the iphone water "resistant "
Black colour looks good
Finally ditched the stupid 16gb base model

Other then that meh nothing really stands out about it .

Will be sticking with Android

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Also Jecs your getting ripped off , Go into a Telstra store and get a good deal

Ive got 10gb of data
Unlimited calls , mms etc
Tesltra AIR wifi

$60

Optus have the good deals but shitty reception, hence why I am with Telstra.
A Job I was doing in Toorak , we were in the underground carpark and I had full 3g reception , my workmate next to me with optus 0 reception.
And when I was with optus I was always getting dropped calls and reception.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I do not how you cell plans work but in the US if you get a subsidized phone, is jam packed with all sorts of unremovable bloat-ware. I bought my phone as unlocked, noncarrier specific, international. All it has are some Samsung applications that can be disabled and that is all. Run very smooth and the battery last for a very long time, also, I do not use social media either. The sad part is, I had to stomach $600 USD (1 payment) for it; from the carrier (ATT in this case), $640 USD total, doing payments for 2 years.

How you guys pay for phones and/or service?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I do not how you cell plans work but in the US if you get a subsidized phone, is jam packed with all sorts of unremovable bloat-ware. I bought my phone as unlocked, noncarrier specific, international. All it has are some Samsung applications that can be disabled and that is all. Run very smooth and the battery last for a very long time, also, I do not use social media either. The sad part is, I had to stomach $600 USD (1 payment) for it; from the carrier (ATT in this case), $640 USD total, doing payments for 2 years.

How you guys pay for phones and/or service?

Well if its a Samsung, just jump on Sammobile, download the latest non-carrier rom for your model, flash it with Odin, and boom, as Samsung made it, not as your carrier ####ed it.

On topic, while I am against Apple products, it seems to me that Apple are taking the Intel approach, very minor improvements for years on end.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Well if its a Samsung, just jump on Sammobile, download the latest non-carrier rom for your model, flash it with Odin, and boom, as Samsung made it, not as your carrier ####ed it.

On our Samsung devices we have some called Knox and is a bitch to get through. The easy way to root was using the Towel Root apk; quit working after an update on Kernel 3.4.xxxxxxx, not sure which version. Exploited a vulnerability in the Kernel to gain root access. Well, got patched with Knox and to root, you have to downgrade the Kernel, use the exploit and reflash with a supported ROM. The chances of bricking your device are high; might as well, buy a factory unlocked phone.

So... what is new on the iPhone a new color, nicer rounded edges, braging rights? Does it comes with a tent, to camp out next time by the apple store waiting for the next release? Apple need to come out with a toilet app...

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
jesus... i didnt want this to blow up to a android vs apple debate - get what ever phone you prefer more lol.

ive had both, iphone 5 and S5, and i see both phones con's and pro's. everyones pro's con's list is different which makes what phone they have suit them better. i can honestly say theres heaps of **** things about apple phones, and i can also say theres **** things about samsung. i can still use both phones and enjoy them regardless.

people keep saying this new apple phone is meh - and expected more. im no tech guru. like what skydrol wrote above me, i have no fkn idea what hes saying lol. but what were you all expecting them to bring out? what does android have over the apple that apple should have brought out with this update? im not being an apple hardcore retard, genuine question.