Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iphone 7

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
For some is like been a member of a club, others is just a cult to follow, others just picking a side similar to sports. Want to see some viscious fights? Gals are very hardcore with their products, designers, styles, etc... no winning when they argue.

For me is nothing more than a tool...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
LMAO!

Bags Samsung's Android experience on their launcher - TouchWiz
Changes one thing on his HTC - the launcher

That's just hilarious. I changed TouchWiz to Google's launcher, because you're right TouchWiz is garbage. But other than that, the Samsung Android and handset experience is beautiful. For the reccord I also think the HTC is top notch. Will be interesting to see what Google's new devices are like next month. I always tell myself "buy a Google device" because it's vanilla Android and updates are never delayed. But then the hardware is always some steps behind Samsung HTC and Apple, like no OIS as an example.

Touchwiz goes deeper than just the launcher though. HTC is much more in line with vanilla Android which shockingly is much better than most OEM's who just continue to screw this up.

For the record I use Nova simply because it's the quickest I've used and it's clean and allows you to hide stuff and strip away things that weigh Android down.

iOS on the other hand - meh feels like slow junk to me, I have the option of a free work phone (6S currently) and yeah just not for me, although I can never deny just how nice Apple devices feel - the software really lets them down.

Apple are going pretty hard advertising on YT atm, the funniest ad is for the iPad Pro that hilariously says you could be watching this "informative video" while doing something else (yeah because they invented split screen) hello 1995!?

Their ads are clever because they are the exact length of the unskippable amount unlike most lazy advertisers who just dump their long ad and you just get to skip half.

For some is like been a member of a club, others is just a cult to follow, others just picking a side similar to sports. Want to see some viscious fights? Gals are very hardcore with their products, designers, styles, etc... no winning when they argue.

For me is nothing more than a tool...

for me it's pretty much do you like this thing, good buy one because it will prolly do what you want, be happy with your choice.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
You said they patented Multitasking? I am stomped !!! (sarcastic remark)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Is the same down in Oz? Apple have not made any effort advertising the 7; very low key. However, is "exploding" all over the media about the Note 7 incidents. Seems like the whole focus is harping on the competition's flaws.

i can honestly say ive seen no advertisement for the 7s, not even on YT. then again i dont have ad's on my YT on PC.

i found out thru my brother who loves his apple phones (not products) after i smashed my screen and was just going to upgrade my contract to a new phone and he told me to get my Samsung repaired and wait for the new iPhone in September. i guess apple doesnt need to promote it, as the apple fag boys who love the product get a slight tingle in their butthole when a new product is released.

Absolutely right , it's a phone , get a grip , I'm seriously thinking of getting a basic no frills phone , that makes calls and texts and bugger all else , why people get so hung up on a mobile devise is beyond me .

pretty much this ^

for guys like me who have no idea about this launcher or vanilla talk (thought it was an ice cream flavor? lol) in reality - iphone/samsung/HTC etc its all the same thing, that meet our needs.

only reason why im going back to iphone is

- Better camera
- Group msgs
- GIFs work in msgs
- Pictures aren't de-sized
- Videos aren't de-sized

regardless what the media says, ive sat my old iphone 5 and new sumsung s5 (at the time) next to each other pointing at a kitchen bench cupboards. s5 looked like the wood grain was done by crayons where the iphone could spot all the grains thru the wood distinctive.

group msg is probably the best feature. pretty much everyone i know has iphone so the group msgs are always quality lol's. i know theres 3rd party apps for group msgs, but tell your mates to download them and see what they say.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Apple are desperate to retake messages, but they won't until Apple Messages goes cross platform - until then, FB Messenger is king.

Even if they did not everyone cares enough to sign up to it, I know if someone tried to get me to sign on to apple messages I'd laugh in their face.

But yeah, I guess it's nice to see them catching up to FB Messenger and Hangouts which both already do what apple didn't.

tldr, apple playing catchup again.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
everything FB is junk lol

edit: except for the creator guy donating that money to help find cures for diseases. that is king.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
FB is junk lol

which is irrelevant - when you look at the market for messaging, Facebook are killing it - not by a little bit but just owning it.

why do you even think iOS messages is such a huge change to start with? Because Apple are innovating or something? It's because they are desperate to get their market share back.

If the thing a user needs is on every platform they are more likely they are to switch away from it. Apple know that.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i am unaware of facebook messaging killing it. i dont know anyone who uses anything other than the phones factory provided messaging, not saying people dont - i just dont know anyone close to me that does.

this just falls back to the subject of people who just use a phone for what it is. not to jailbreak it and change all the settings or use 3rd party apps.

thats the difference between my friends and people like yourselfs. my mates dont have facebook, those who do only use it for the local auto sales section thingo. we arent good with technology. for people like us - iphones messaging is more convenient.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Apple are desperate to retake messages, but they won't until Apple Messages goes cross platform - until then, FB Messenger is king.

Even if they did not everyone cares enough to sign up to it, I know if someone tried to get me to sign on to apple messages I'd laugh in their face.

But yeah, I guess it's nice to see them catching up to FB Messenger and Hangouts which both already do what apple didn't.

tldr, apple playing catchup again.

Apple would do REALLY well to sell it's Messaging, Email and Calendar apps across platforms. They are the best apps BY FAR for their function. And I would pay to have them on my Android. It's one of the cons of switching to Android.

And you're right about FBM - they're killing it with their messaging app. Especially now that it can be used without a FB account! But FB itself, yup, JUNK!

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And you're right about FBM - they're killing it with their messaging app. Especially now that it can be used without a FB account! But FB itself, yup, JUNK!

ahh see i had no idea you no longer needed an account to use FB stuff. i was trying to look at pics of an ex and it kept telling me to sign in ffs i just wanted to how she looks