Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iPhone Time & Daylight Savings

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
OK before I start let me just say this... Comments from people who don't like Apple or the iPhone and just want to troll/flame/etc are not welcome.

Until there's a decent Android phone that works on Telstra's NextG network, the iPhone 4 on NextG is simply the best coverage option for a lot of people. I tried the HTC Desire HD and LOVED the phone. Vodafail's network though, is pathetic at best and the HTC Desire HD isn't 3G 850Mhz (NextG) compatible so I switched.

Anyhow, to my point... I have a 4.2.1 JB iPhone 4. Time and date set to 24hr with 4 pre-set alarms and time and date set to update automatically.

Now, as everyone knows, daylight saving went back overnight between Sat & Sun. I woke up on Sunday and the time/date on my phone were 100% fine! DST updated fine.

This morning, my 6:30am alarm went off as normal. My phone said 6:30am and I got up. Problem was it was actually only 5:30am! So the phone for some strange reason went back to DST (i.e. + 1hr). If I change the setting to NOT update automatically (from Telstra's network I assume) it drops the DST hour and is fine.

So this leads me to think it's a network issue. Trouble is, other people I know with EXACTLY the same setup as me haven't had a problem at all today. It's just completely strange that yesterday was fine and today it's not.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
i know what ya mean about the coverage on vodafone.....
shame about the dst stuff, i've had this problem before on previous phones with telstra.
might pay to put it back on and if i jumps the hour, give them a ring and find out why..

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Turns out, a reboot of the phone fixes it and I can turn on "Set Automatically" again without a drama.

So it's clearly an iPhone issue. But how? Why?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe
CSP Its a well known issue with all iPhones, Apple are aware of the issue & Im sure there will be a software update to fix the issue, does not affect everyone, My iPhone & the Mrs iPhone both worked fine, changed no worries at all.

minux

Infidel Bear
Reaction score
Members Ride
300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
Interesting, didnt have a problem myself, nor the guy i catch up with each Monday morning, both on iphone 4's?

Tatiana

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
OK before I start let me just say this... Comments from people who don't like Apple or the iPhone and just want to troll/flame/etc are not welcome.
Damn you for not letting me play...........

*I love my Samsung Android*

Seriously though one of the first things I learned is just like a winblows computer rebooting often fixes it.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
LoL, Sounds like when it authenticated with Telstra, They didn't talk properly hence the rollback.

The DST issue was fixed with 4.2.1

Anyway, 4.3.1 Jailbreak is out, Suggest you go take a look

Cheers
Mat