Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ipod interference...

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
I have bought a 12v multi lead to charge phones, ipod etc which plugs in under the armrest - when I'm playing the ipod through the front Aux and charging it at the same time through the rear there is interference coming through which distorts the music.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

Cheers John

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
no sure..

there is a cable on e bay that connects at the back of the stereo and it charges ipod and plays music at the same time...

you could also buy belkin ipod charger that has usb output for charging and see if that makes a difference...

we're yet to see a full ipod integration cable that will be capable of a few more options rathar than just volume function

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
does the multilead you are using have the audio stream coming out the bottom of the phone, or is there a seperate cable coming out of the normal headphone jack?
because I charge my iphone and am still able to get crystal clear audio from the headphone jack by simply using a 3.5mm male/male cable.

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Unfortunately a male/male lead from the front Aux to top of the Ipod plays but doesn't charge it - that has to be done thru the Ipod plug into the bottom of it and plugged into the rear Aux, that is when I get the interference. That VE audio cable on fleabay looks ok but not craxy about the $89 delivered price tag!

Cheers John

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Unfortunately a male/male lead from the front Aux to top of the Ipod plays but doesn't charge it - that has to be done thru the Ipod plug into the bottom of it and plugged into the rear Aux, that is when I get the interference. That VE audio cable on fleabay looks ok but not craxy about the $89 delivered price tag!

Cheers John

I think your problem is that your using two leeds. I have one of those ebay leeds and they work perfectly!

I am not sure if it will plug directly into you SS headunit. You might need to buy a rear AUX in kit. Someone might be able to clarify this???

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L

Cheers John

thats what I mean bud.... I have the top cable going into Aux, and a seperate charger dongle going into the bottom- no problems.
are you getting interference using an 'all in one' cable accessing only the bottom connection?
if so, try my way. its messy with 2 cables, but I just put it all in the centre console compartment and no dramas.