Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iPod for SV6

S

SV Sex

As i'm finding the single CD player in the SV6 a pain, I'm wanting to wire in an aux connection for my new iPod. So... here's the Question - Have any of you fine gentlemen/gentlewomen had a go at wiring one in and if so, how?

Thx
Pat

Last edited by a moderator:

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Hey if ya find out how let me know. I'm using an FM modulator on mine at the moment & it sounds only OK not "Good" :)

I have the 6 stacker CD, otherwise same car

MySV6

B

bdcmedia

You cant wire in an Aux input to the Blaupunkt radios. The only input to these radios are for the phone car kit but this is a mono connection.
The FM modulators are the only way to do it with out getting a new head unit, which sadly is what I am thinking of doing as I love my MP3's and although I have a 6 stacker in my SS, MP3's are so much easier. My only annoyance is that I will lose the use of my steering wheel controls which I love using!!

B

bdcmedia

...just on that not though......I dont know if they changed the radios from the VT versions, but the VT radios that only had a tape player in them DO in fact have a Line input in them for a CD player!!!! This is located in the front of the unit via a 3.5mm socket.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
They are a very different head unit now and no there are no inputs. But, you can get high quality modulators that are very good. Bear in mind that the higher the Hz they work at the better the quality.

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
SV Sex said:
As i'm finding the single CD player in the SV6 a pain, I'm wanting to wire in an aux connection for my new iPod. So... here's the Question - Have any of you fine gentlemen/gentlewomen had a go at wiring one in and if so, how?

Thx
Pat

hi. if go on the pioneer web site they have a part that plug's into where the stacker goes. so you can run a ipod that way.
i have a new ute but swapped the factory deck for a pioneer and run ipod in my glove box, so that the ipod can be control by the deck, as well as a other pioneer connetion that allow me to use the factory steering wheel controls. In all the whole set up cost me $2000, that is for the deck $1000, ipod 40g $500, and both pioneer thing $500.

all worth the money as i now have 5000 song already to go through :D :D

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Only prob is that that won't work with a stock HU, as even in the stock 6 stackers, the stacker is an in-dash stacker.

scottishgit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I recently decided to change the head unit on my VZ SS and get my Ipod wired in. Autobarn fitted a Kenwood package for just under $700.
The sound is fantastic; Ipod goes in the glovebox never to be seen again; limited control of the Ipod functions through the head unit (skip through playlists/tracks and display track title or playlist title on head unit display); lose control of stereo from steering wheel, but get a remote control (need to stretch further to reach the remote than using the buttons on the head unit!); blanking plate/pocket to cover the space left by that horribly large Blau unit.
Strathfield offered to do it cheaper, but f...ed me about a bit when booking the car in, so they lost the sale.
All good :whistling

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
****....what a shitload of f**kin around.....I had a Pioneer DEH-P1Y (MP3/WMA playable) installed....Pioneer Splits....and a 1000w Solo Baric Sub (Crossovered) from the back of the tray feeding into the cab. Ok, cost me $2500 all up....but f**kin beats all the dicking around with ipods.

Cheers,
Kilmo

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
scottishgit said:
Strathfield offered to do it cheaper, but f...ed me about a bit when booking the car in, so they lost the sale.
All good :whistling

Be glad you didn't go to Strathfield.