Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ipods in the car

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
ok so loud isnt what im after in my car, i listen to a lot of blues and mellow rock/acoustic, and i have thousands of songs, but no mp3 deck, just the stock cd on my VY.
anyway, im contemplating getting an ipod with a road trip griffin, just an fm transmitter and in car charger in one little unit, and wondered if anyone else has used them?
my mate uses just an fm transmitter on hsi ipod with the car charger and it seems ok, minus his crap fm reception

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
FM can't give the full spectrum that a direct plug in will... so no quality is never going to be as good. It will only ever be radio quality... regardless of the source.

Otherwise talk to Phreddy, he can hook you up with the goodies for an aux in plug for your factory deck, giving you the ability to plug your ipod in via a 3.5mm plug.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Word to the wise : -

I have tried an FM modulator to wire up the DVD player and Ipod in my Sonata... If you can avoid FM modulators do so ... The quality really is not that good...

If you are buying a head unit, make sure of the following: -
1) It has an Ipod adapter for it that wires into an Aux out or something like it
2) If no Ipod adapter is available you can get Aux out cords that convert into RCA's and a whole range of other things so you can plug stuff in ..

After I have put in the modulator, I have found the best thing for my DVD is to go the Aux out cord that converts to a pbus cord (or something like that) so I will have a normal quality. I am awaiting one on back order as they are not a popular item ...

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Thanks for the "plug" Matt!! :rofl:

coldasice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 A4
I use the Moster iCar Play. It is a very good unit, without having to be hard wired. Have a look on Google for a link. I have heard of very good reviews from a lot of people about this cable.