Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ NAV no longer working after map updates

sidespyder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi Guys

I have a Series 1 I converted with IQ, everything has been fine for the last few years.

The other day I noticed some 2020 maps popup on fleabay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...668415?hash=item52343c0abf:g:vgYAAOSw-a5eAGRk

I took a quick screengrab before putting in the new SD card so I could see a version difference, this was the current versioning in the NAV menus:

Turned off car, put in new SD card and now when trying to enter NAV/Maps this is the behaviour:

I have since tried entering the OLD SD card (2016 maps I believe) and it still does the same thing?

Tried car on/off

Tried pulling NAV/Entertainment unit fuses near battery for 30mins

Tried factory settings reset on IQ menu

Nothing seems to work now? Any ideas? Does IQ conversion in series 1 only work with older maps and now I've broken it?

Thanks for any ideas!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They are a dodgy copy of the 2015 map. They are not 2020 maps.

There was a thread on here about them. It’s one or two particular sellers.

Someone matched the part numbers up.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The D313, 8418 database version was the 2016 official(and last) update.
Make sure the SD card is fully seated.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You might have corrupted the original SD card in the process?

sidespyder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks guys

So after reading this I reset everything again with the original card and its working again.

Funny now I noticed the seller has opened a case against me for non-payment, even though I already paid and have the item.

Bit dissapointed in myself, figured based on the feedback it would be OK - hopefully this thread can help some others. Guessing using bank transfer instead of paypal in ebay is part of the scam.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Guessing using bank transfer instead of paypal in ebay is part of the scam.
eBay provides a payment platform that provides protection for both the buyer and seller... To provide such protection costs which is part of why therer are selling and payment fees... eBay also likes to make obscene amounts of money so there is also that....

Why sellers shortcut such protections by requiring direct bank transfer, I don’t know. Regardless of their reason, it seems dodgy enough to me that I’d not do business with such sellers wanting DD.

Report them to eBay for selling a faulty product that almost bricked your infotainment system. Leave a review stating such, and that DD payment doesn’t allow refunds for faulty products.

Hopefully the seller requiring DD payment is against eBay rules and the sellers account is cancelled as a result. If it’s not, I’d argue with eBay that you should still get a refund since it’s an allowable payment method.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi Guys

I have a Series 1 I converted with IQ, everything has been fine for the last few years.

The other day I noticed some 2020 maps popup on fleabay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...668415?hash=item52343c0abf:g:vgYAAOSw-a5eAGRk

I took a quick screengrab before putting in the new SD card so I could see a version difference, this was the current versioning in the NAV menus:

Turned off car, put in new SD card and now when trying to enter NAV/Maps this is the behaviour:

I have since tried entering the OLD SD card (2016 maps I believe) and it still does the same thing?

Tried car on/off

Tried pulling NAV/Entertainment unit fuses near battery for 30mins

Tried factory settings reset on IQ menu

Nothing seems to work now? Any ideas? Does IQ conversion in series 1 only work with older maps and now I've broken it?

Thanks for any ideas!

Unfortunately he is rouge seller,
I purchased a copy and offered to pay be Paypal,
and he does not, and will not accept Paypal Payment,
He threatened me with a no paying bid on my account,
Then Blocks you so you can not communicate with him, and he claims you never contacted him.
So I contacted eBay and told them of his intentions, and they said they were going to deal with him/them.
And they cancelled the No paying mark against my account.

You would be best to re-install the 2016 version.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Thanks guys

So after reading this I reset everything again with the original card and its working again.

Funny now I noticed the seller has opened a case against me for non-payment, even though I already paid and have the item.

Bit dissapointed in myself, figured based on the feedback it would be OK - hopefully this thread can help some others. Guessing using bank transfer instead of paypal in ebay is part of the scam.

He has opened a non payment case with you so he doesn't have to pay eBay fee's,
And the payment didnt go through eBay and/or Paypal.

Just another low life Scammer !

sidespyder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
He threatened me with a no paying bid on my account,
Then Blocks you so you can not communicate with him, and he claims you never contacted him.
So I contacted eBay and told them of his intentions, and they said they were going to deal with him/them.
And they cancelled the No paying mark against my account.

Exactly my experience.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I too had issue with this seller going back to 2015 or 16. Wanted an updated map. He did not make it clear that he wanted pick up only. It was in the description once you opened up a link. He offered postage at point of purchase. I paid it.

eBay got involved and was all on his side. I had to argue, if something is pick up only, why is the seller offering to post it?

Anyway, he blocked me and I eventually got my money back.