Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ playing up

tlm2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 S2 SV6
I'm having a few problems with the IQ system in my 2012 SV6,

The first one is the equaliser seems to change itself. I have it set to custom and EQ'd flat, bass mid and treble all set to zero.
With this setting it sounds like it's playing in a cardboard box. It sounds horrible. However if I disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect it, it sounds good again.

The second is the HVAC system. I constantly have to do a reset on it as the front vents don't work quite often and or the drivers side is blowing cool air and the passenger side is blowing hot air. Sometimes I have to reset it once to get the dash vents working and then reset it again to stop hot air blowing from the passenger side.

The system software version is D317(AHU4R)
Radio software version is D337(VCDC)
VuC software version is D334(AHU4)
Fascia software version is D105

Would this be a faulty IQ and HVAC actuators or a bad battery?
I'm trying to narrow it down a bit before throwing money at it.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Get the battery checked first as way cheaper than anything else and get the charging system as a whole checked.
The you might know where to start but also you need to have someone run diagnostics on the HVAC and audio system to see what codes are present and then diagnose further from there.
A normal scan tool won't do it you need a high end scan tool that is bidirectional to do the HVAC and audio.
Maybe a member on here is close to you and can help but you have Queensland listed as your location and it is a big area.

tlm2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 S2 SV6
Thanks for the tips mate, I'm in Caloundra, Sunshine Coast. If anyone knows anyone on the Sunshine Coast that is good with this kind of stuff please let me know . I'm going to get the battery checked out on Monday arvo and see how we go from there.