Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ System Failure........

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Hey Guys,

So friday night i was at the petrol station refueling obviously, turned the ignition to accessories for a second - Radio lit up and started as normal all was good. Went to start the car which flicks the stereo/accessories off for a second, car started normally, everything back to normal except no music playing anymore...........??

I was confused why so i switched the IQ off for a second then turned it back on.... Nothing happened its just a blank screen nothing displayed (backlight is on).
Air con, temp and clock are working on the top bar (The buttons for them all work fine) .. but nothing on the stereo part works, no buttons, music, volume nothing!!!!!!

So i drove home a bit puzzled and pulled in the driveway and i thought it cant be stuffed it has to be simple.... Eg a Fuse or Master Reset... So i turned the car off waited 5 mins came back tried again, no luck but i could get into the configuration settings on the IQ so i reset the whole thing..... and NO that did not fix it...

I also checked the fuses - all fine.

So i Unplugged a terminal off the battery waited 5 came back, put it on.... No help, still blank screen no buttons etc.

Went to Doncaster Holden sat morning hopeing they could have a look, unfortunately they couldnt help without running a diagnostics test on it which cant be done till Tomorrow (monday) so i have been driving around with no music on the weekend....... fun :(

Just thought i would post up my problems with it. I love its design and everything im just disappointed its not a simple fix.

I will post the outcome on here hopefully tuesday or wednesday night.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Just keeping an update.

So i dropped the car in to garry and warren smith on monday morning first thing, i mentioned the stereo stopped working they were suprised but believed me.
I got a phone call from them Monday Morning late asking me what modifications i have done to the stereo etc, as i have had it upgraded as seen in other threads for you forum users to see.

He explained to me everything i knew and outlined that there is a possibility it may not be covered under warranty as i have modified the stereo..... blah blah blah.
i had my audio installers call the dealership and explain to them what was done and how it in no way is related to issue im having with the IQ system.

The holden dealership requested a holden technician come out and inspect the car and give the all clear before they proceeded with repairs.
I was fine with it as i was confident it would be covered under warranty.....

The techinician inspected it and rebooted the whole IQ system back to factory settings and it came back to life and is working correctly now. So im happy that its fixed at no cost to me.

Im disappointed with some of the service i received. They were unhelpful and not very interested in helping me, they were very brief on the phone.

I understand i have made life hard by adding these stereo options i just wish they would work with me not against me with the issue, i felt that there was an underlying feeling that they were trying to get out of it.

I am happy that it is resolved though. my only problem is now my foglights dont work because someone forgot to plug them into the wiring harness behind the bumper bar after it was repainted and refitted. so now i have to make another trip back..........

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Typical dealer , trying to get out of a job, glad you got it sorted

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
This IQ System worries me. I just laid some doe on a new Series II SV6 today (should be delivered in a few days) but with all these issues cropping up on the IQ system it seems Holden fuc*ed up yet again.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
So far so good on ours mate. It has not frozen or anything.

sv6man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 M6
This IQ System worries me. I just laid some doe on a new Series II SV6 today (should be delivered in a few days) but with all these issues cropping up on the IQ system it seems Holden fuc*ed up yet again.

It seems a bit hit and miss at the moment. Some people are having endless problems, for others such as myself it seems to work.....so far.
They way they have implemented it and the reported issues are creating an unneccesary extra stress for buyers.
I actually do not like the touch screen. It is not very tactile and takes a few goes to hit the right spot sometimes, you dont need the distraction when driving particularly as the screen is way out of the line of sight. I am not convinced that this system is better than having hard-wired buttons.

Cruisin68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Holden IQ system - more problems

Picked up my new sportswagon four weeks ago and the IQ system worked without any problems at all - until now. Half the time it will only allow access to the radio and no other source - on other occassions it won't recognise the reversing camera, will no longer pair with my phone, and won't play music from the USB port. On the rare occasion the camera will work the guideance lines are now in the wrong location and there is static all over the screen. After years of buying Holdens and having a couple of disasters with a new Monaro and then a new Statesman I moved to the dark side (Ford) with no issues for years - now back to Holden with this sportswagon and wish I'd stayed with the blue oval - at least they address their problems............... After a little research I now find that Holden have hade these issues with their IQ system ever since it was launced - and they are still selling it with the same problems and no obvious fix - Last time Holden replaced the audio system in my Statesman they broke two dash sections, scratched the face of the heater controls, and then spent a month ordering in the wrong parts to fix their damage - looks like this time I'll either live with an IQ system that doesn't work or will have to risk the dealer damaging the car to try and fix it. Does anyone know how to reboot the IQ system, or have access to the software the dealer can apparently re-install?