Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ System Video Input Wiring

jla876

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6
I have a 2011 VE Thunder Ute. My IQ system shat itself and Holden replaced it.
Since replacement, I now have the reverse camera display come up when I put it in reverse and a DVD option in the "Media" menu.
I've been doing a bit of reading on installing a reverse cam and have since realised that I have the below video plug already.
Since I have neither a DVD player nor a reverse camera, could someone shed some light as to where the wiring from the video plug leads to without me having to pull the dash apart to find out?
Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,596
  • photo2_zps35633662.jpg
    photo2_zps35633662.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,719

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
what happenned to your original IQ HU? did it fark up after a S/W upgrade? or just shat itself

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
If you have the video plug fitted already, then you should have the reverse camera wiring going all the way back to the boot (area sedan).

What you will need then is the factory camera and the boot wiring harness that goes into the boot lid

As for the rear aux video connector, I have no idea where this leads to?

jla876

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6
Phantom - The original head unit navigational system would die every time I used the heater, they tried a software upload which the IQ system rejected and got the windows blue screen of death which stayed on over night and flattened my battery, they opted to replace the unit rather than fix it.

Zerone_V - As my car is a ute would the wiring still go to the tailgate area as it does to the boot in the sedans?
Also as I don't have rear seats would I be right think the wiring would go to behind the glove box as this is where the DVD player is usually installed? This would then allow the DVD player to display in the dvd option on the IQ?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Unfortunately, I dont know much about Utes and Wagons.
(There have been very few people sharing their experiences with adding the factory reverse camera to Series II models).

As for the Rear AUX video loom, on the Series I models, there were a couple of different wiring looms, that were used for different sections depending on what options you had fitted.
Chances are the Rear AUX video loom will only go so far as to one of the main connectors around the glovebox area, and no further.

The Rear Aux video connector is used by the roof mounted rear seat entertainment unit, which was standard on Caprice and CapriceV models, and was an option on CalaisV and possibly SSV models. (Sedan and Wagons only).
(The Rear Seat Entertainment unit was never fitted to any ute, mainly because of the lack of rear seats, the connector will not be terminated to anything).

You might be thinking of the Series I Sat Nav, which uses a DVD for the Maps, however the only DVD player ever fitted to VE models was the roof mounted RSE unit.

This basically means that if you want to use the rear aux video connector, you are best to splice in around the IQ connector, and run cabling back to wherever you wish to put a video device.

Hope this helps ?

shterk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VE Calais V Sportwagon S2 A6
This has been discussed in great depth before, from memory I can't remember the thread but a quick search should bring it up.
The fact that you have the cable and connector is a bonus.
The dash connector for the DVD plug is just under the front windscreen next to the front drivers side speaker.
As for the camera connector I am not sure where this is, I've tried to find out by pouring over numerous schematics but have been stumped each time.
Others have simply spliced into the wires of the connector and have managed to install a camera that way.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
As shterk already mentioned, it is easiest to splice into the loom at the IQ unit.

When I put the reverse camera in mine, I tried to find a video feed wire in the loom that ran to the rear of the tray, though had no luck.

Also OP I replied to your email the other day, I'm keen to know how your going with this.

tjgriff83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S2 Station Wagon
Hi shterk
i am in the process of installing a mirror box so i can airplay video and google maps onto my IQ.
i Know the pins on the video connector are 1 & 2 although rather than splice here i would like to use the connector where these wires end up, from your post above you say its the loom next to the drivers side dash speaker which i have located, do you know what 2 pins are the video pins and are the left and right audio pins also located here?
if you know would you be able to share with me please.

OmegaWS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GXP
Were the part numbers for this connector ever made public? I'd like to build one

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
smk CSC1020-1882F
But the problem you'll be facing now is that the connector is now discontinued. However if you Google range rover ipod cable you'll find that connector with a 30pin ipod connector at the other. Cut off the 30pin ipod connector and you have a pre wired and pinned video input connector with a generous pigtail to splice into. Hope this helps