Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ System

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Morning All,

Having some dramas my with 2012 Sportwagon IQ system....

The issue is that OCCASIONALLY when I start the car, the entire IQ system does nothing... The only thing that is active is that the hazard light switch is illuminated - That's it - No IQ screen, no functionality, no fan/temperature controls etc...

Now, drive the car around for a while, turn it off and return sometime later and turn it back on and it'll all come flooding back to life

I've noticed the issue tends to occur more frequently when I'm sitting in the car with the radio on and the engine off

Now, I know you're all ready to point the finger at the battery, but that was recently replaced with a brand new AC Delco S57220 only a couple of months ago

Now, it should be noted that the issue has only developed AFTER I replaced the battery - It was the original battery prior to its replacement. When changing over the battery, I used a memory minder to save all the settings etc.

The other VE we have in the family had the same issue, however, it occurred all the time - Luckily, at the time, it was still in warranty, as Holden diagnosed it as having a faulty radio control module - A $1200 changeover part....

I'm hoping I don't have same issue, as my issue only occurs occasionally. I've tried pulling the F4 (Entertainment fuse) located in the fuse box in the cargo area - Hasn't made a difference

Anyone able to shed some light?

Thanks in advance

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Do you have access to a Tech 2?
I had a similar problem in a Redline(last month of warranty).
Tech 2 was 'unable to communicate with entertainment system'.
The network router part of the IQ was failing intermittently.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
The codes that are currently showing up are as follows:

B101D - Electronic Control Unit Hardware Internal Electronic Failure (Symptom 39);
U0155 - Lost Communication With Instrument Cluster (Symptom 00); and
U0164 - Lost Communication With HVAC Control Module (Symptom 00)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A simple double check might be to unplug the harness from the side and refit it to be sure it hasn't come loose. I had that a couple of times.
It has a lever that pivots to release it.
Might not do anything but hopefully it works and costs nothing to do.
You need the side trims and under steering column trims off the drivers side.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can replace the unit itself easy enough with a second hand one, but you'll need someone with some tech gear to match your VIN to it.