Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ Upgrade HCU Reprogramming

adam_s95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega '07
I'm currently in the process of upgrading my Series 1 Omega from the non colour screen head unit to a GPS IQ unit from Gumtree. Have been lurking here and carmodder.com.au for awhile, but have gotten stuck and was hoping for some help. So far I have managed to make a wiring adaptor, reprogram my VIN, and source all the trim that I will need. I think that the IQ Head Unit came from a SS-V ute if that matters.

My question is has anyone successfully reprogrammed a SZ series 1 HCU to work as a DZ HCU with an IQ head unit? I have flashed the 93C66WP in my current HCU with "Dual Zone HVAC.bin" from MartinM on carmodder, which kind of worked but I couldn't engage air-conditioning mode, and the face blower and feet blower were swapped (when I selected feet it blew at my face and vice versa). I also tried "VE_DUAL_HVAC_Working.BIN" from LangasLS, but this did not work for me at all. I have uploaded these files in addition to my own SZ eeprom dump for comparison.

From reading through the "VE Radio/HVAC EEPROM reprogramming information" thread on carmodder, my understanding is that the hardware is identical in all HCUs, but the programming is different. Does anyone have the EEPROM dump from a IQ compatible HCU that they could please share with me, or point me in the right direction of one, as I have been unable to find one so far?

Attachments

• HCU_bins.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 154