Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Iraq, Part III

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
One thing i can think of is that they have tried to change here in AUS, female Muslims being able to wear head pieces in licence photo's. A motor cycle rider doesn't get his licence photo taken with his helmet on, nor is he allowed to even pay for fuel or enter a bank with it on. And it's for a simple reason. For identity purposes.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
So bring back the white Australia policy then VYseriesII?

Seems a bit backwards to me.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
How is it backwards? and i'm not sure i get what you mean with a white Australian policy?

seems like ur just trying to say im being racist Big-AL when it couldn't be further from the truth

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Thing is Big-Al i don't see how it has any relevence to what i've stated.

Seems to me like anything along these topics you get argumentative people who like to twist **** into a **** fight regardless of what's said.

Anyway i'm done, enjoy the thread :)

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Not turning it into a fight but if you read the link I posted you would see that in the past there were measures in place to allow only people who assimilated to our ways into the country. There was even an English test to make sure you had the basics before entry was permitted.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Greatest oxymoron ever..... Moderate muslim

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
There was even an English test to make sure you had the basics before entry was permitted.

I would agree to bringing this rule back in, but how many convict's would have passed an English test in the 1850's :p

All jokes aside: for the good of myself, I would want a reasonable understanding of the chinese language and ways before I moved to China.
Should one not have a thirst for learning English and Australian ways before immigrating there? not for the sake of becoming "just another aussie" but to actually be apart of that which you will be surrounded by?

To not be would be like going to a footy game to stare at the seats and ignore the game/crowd/atmosphere.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is a handful of schools in one city. Again, a vocal minority gets coverage.

True, however the journey of 1000 miles starts with one step.

Exact same things happens quite often in the US, albeit with Christian fundies and teaching of evolution, sex-ed, queer issues etc.

Doesn't make it right.

Even in NSW public schools we give 30 min a week in primary to religious instruction.
Fully agree with idea (?) that religion should remain 100% outside of the classroom.

In public schools, yes agree. In private, denominational schools it is fine as that is part of what they are signing up for.

Moreover this is an issue of religion, but because it's muslims, people seem to fixate on that for some reason.

The whole topic is an issue of religion precisely because it's muslims and their actions under the banner of Islam. That is the reason for the fixation.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I would agree to bringing this rule back in, but how many convict's would have passed an English test in the 1850's :p

How many natural born English speaking citizens would pass an English test today ?