Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Iraq, Part III

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I tend to agree with VY.... When you choose to move to a country, you choose that country because you see a more prosperous future than where you came from you choose to abide by the laws of that land and associated customs that go with that civilisation.

So why is it I see stories in the news of muslim male student miss-treating female students. I see immigrants that don't speak a word of English and have no intent to learn and only associate with there own kind and that includes business etc.

If I was to take the missus to any middle eastern country she would be expected to follow their rules, in regard to dress etc, hell in some countries would couldn't even bump uglies because were not married and by their law that is a crime punishable by a lengthy prison sentence. So I say, when you come to NZ or Australia or wherever, follow the rules and customs of the land. If you liked your own rules and customs so much then go back to where you came from.

This always reminds me of an Iraqi family what we had at work, one of the boys took great delight in showing a video on his phone to some of my other staff, the video was of someone been be-headed, you all the the videos I'm talking about where the victim is basically decapitated by a guy with a knife wearing a mask and the body is left to bleed out on camera whilst the captors chant some jihadi crap. Now our fore-mentioned Iraqi family came here as refugees, had they still been in Iraq at that time it could have been a very real possibility that it was his head that got separated from his neck in this most gruesome manor and now we see that it doesn't seem to take much for the formerly oppressed to be come the oppressor!

When I see a woman wearing a burka all I see is oppression, she is forced to wear this, otherwise the males of that religion can't seem to control themselves and this is the woman's fault. You can ask her if she is forced to wear this and she will say she does so out of free will but that is most likely only because she has been brainwashed to believe these oppressive beliefs from the day she could understand. I won't say read or write because there is a good chance that she actually can't!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Greatest oxymoron ever..... Moderate muslim

No its not. My best mate is Muslim and the most he blows up is balloons at his kids b'day parties.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
How many natural born English speaking citizens would pass an English test today ?

At the school where I am teaching currently the many/most students (all who are native born/speaking) aren't reading at their age appropriate level. OTOH my brother's school (a public high school in Sydney) has 35% overseas born, and their NAPLAN scores are fantastic.

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
No its not. My best mate is Muslim and the most he blows up is balloons at his kids b'day parties.

There was a teacher at my school who was a 'white' Aussie bird, she converted to Islam age 24. Only thing that was any different was she once showed me her necklace which had Arabic script on it. I also had a work supervisor who was Muslim (from Bangladesh). He was great at his job.

The issue isn't really whether Muslims are taking over the west (they aren't...) but accommodation of religion in an ever increasing secular society. As an atheist public school teacher, scripture shits me to no end. It's basically learning time with a qualified educator lost, and if the parents want to bring their kids up as *anything* there are many different outlets outside of school for this. Then there's $250 million new funding for chaplains, when secular social workers, counsellors and/or psychologists who would be of more use in dealing with students experiencing problems. Then you have issues with the church standing in the way of political things like abortion, equal marriage, etc. when often they don't reflect the will of the people.

Not just confined to Christianity; the Jewish community in East Sydney have had special motion sensing pedestrian crossings built for them, as many cannot touch a button on the Sabbath (but they can walk to the shops?).

There is that case with the woman wearing the face covering for the drivers licence photo but for the vast, vast majority of the thousands of Muslims living in Australia they seem quite fine with Australia and how we do things.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I have worked with plenty of Muslims and they are no different to deal with than "Aussies". In fact a lot of the time they are a lot more polite.
Just saying.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
At the school where I am teaching currently the many/most students (all who are native born/speaking) aren't reading at their age appropriate level. OTOH my brother's school (a public high school in Sydney) has 35% overseas born, and their NAPLAN scores are fantastic.

Mine was more of a rhetorical question but this proves the point.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
So....in what ways exactly have they told mainstream Australia to assimilate with Islam? I haven't seen anything significant reported in the media.....even in Sydney.....

It also raises a point - assimilate to what culture/lifestyle exactly? I am a white Australian, I assume you are as well, yet our cultures and lifestyles would be different. Also, suppose you moved to the middle east for very lucrative work, would you convert to Islam as a way of assimilation?

there's good and bad in every race and religion, the bad ones stand out and cause conflict among the rest , if the Muslims say they believe in God well they better act to his commandments , you cant call it love only the enemy kills still and destroy , they are a cult and taking the would by storm, they want every one to believe in there way. Like was said if they want to come to a non Muslim country leave your crape behind and live by there law.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Everytime i read a post by Hotrod;

2648382-facepalm.png

you shouldn't do that to yourself

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
How many natural born English speaking citizens would pass an English test today ?

not to many these days they tech that much crape in public schools now its ridicules , all kids no now is look up things on computers and add up on calculators .

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
not to many these days they tech that much crape in public schools now its ridicules , all kids no now is look up things on computers and add up on calculators .
This post clearly shows the school system is failing when it comes to basic English.