Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IRS diff mount options

claydog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SSV
First of all , I'm new to this forum. So Hello to all, and I have done a search but couldn't find what I was after.

Is there any replacement options for the IRS diff mounting apart from std replacement or poly replacement that requires the old mounting bracket hollowed out of the rubber mount part.
Has anybody tried to solid mount with alloy or other material ?
Cheers for the replies.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
You could get a harrop dif cover which has a stronger dif mount

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Are there any solid type options available? The diff mount in my Ute is starting to crack.
I'd love a Harrop Diff Cover, but I like eating and a month without food would make me ravished...

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
and rather thin lol

LOL. My ribs would be poking through the skin.

--

On another note, the Nolathane mounts seem to be well priced, but after taking a look at one at work today, they seem way too stiff and for a high load bush you need a little bit of compliance.

claydog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SSV
Are there any solid type options available? The diff mount in my Ute is starting to crack.
I'd love a Harrop Diff Cover, but I like eating and a month without food would make me ravished...

the rubber ones are poo, but harrop seem to be the only other option atm.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon

LOL. My ribs would be poking through the skin.

--

On another note, the Nolathane mounts seem to be well priced, but after taking a look at one at work today, they seem way too stiff and for a high load bush you need a little bit of compliance.

First up you ask about a solid mount then say the nolathane one looks to stiff so what do ya think a solid one would be like??

But if ya talking about the rear mount that bolts to the body by the 4 bolts then yes there is a different one out there I've seen it on eBay not sure who makes them but they do look to be a better option then standard and a lot cheaper then the harrop cover.

Edit just search ebay for IRS anti tramp that will bring it up is that what you are looking for ?

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The VY/VZ urethane rear of diff mount doesn't require chewing out the old rubber one, they just push into the voids of the rubber one.