Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IRS King Springs

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
I was offered a set of rear IRS King Springs for my V6 VX. I'm just wondering what the IRS means as I haven't heard this term used for springs before. Will IRS King Springs fit my V6 VX?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Independent rear suspension

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
VX's only came out with IRS, but if they are described as a IRS spring I'm thinking they are from a model which offered both such as the older VR/VS so would probably not fit the VX. But check the part number on the springs with the kings catalogue on their website to see if they match up.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
I am pretty sure the IRS are shaped like two cones meeting (sort of like the tapering down of a CV boot) where as the normal ones are just straight. Sorry for the bad explanation lol

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
I am pretty sure the IRS are shaped like two cones meeting (sort of like the tapering down of a CV boot) where as the normal ones are just straight. Sorry for the bad explanation lol

VX's only came out with IRS, but if they are described as a IRS spring I'm thinking they are from a model which offered both such as the older VR/VS so would probably not fit the VX. But check the part number on the springs with the kings catalogue on their website to see if they match up.

Cheers, I wasn't aware there was springs suited for cars with IRS. I do understand the 2 cone shaped meaning, but I thought all rear springs had that shape to them and front springs were more straight shaped. Good to know though!