Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

irs questions?

vtclubby195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubsport 5L 195i
can anybody tell me pro's an con's of irs suspention?and Fe2?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Independent suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia will help you out relating to IRS

FE2 is Holden's Optional sports suspension, or lowered suspension however on upper models (ie SS, Clubsport, Calais etc) FE2 was standard I believe. It's Kings equivilent to "Low". If you're spending coin to lower your car and contemplating FE2, can I recommend the next size down?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
IRS is about maintaining as much useable tyre surface contact with the road under all conditions during suspension travel. Some do it better then others.

vtclubby195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubsport 5L 195i
thanks 4 reply.i have fe2 on my clubby but still wana go lower.if i were 2 get ultra low will i need shorten shocks camber kit??will it bottom out when i launch in 1st as i have irs an it sqwots quite abit in the rear??cheerz

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Grab a 2 point camber kit along with some better sways and that should complement your new suspension well. Firmer rate springs are the go in commies due to the weight of them

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
PROS: Handles better in corners,much more road grip faster you go the harder it bites into the road

CONS: LOL..... depending how HARD you drive your car will depend how many tyres you go through. is notorious for eating inside edges out from squatting

vtclubby195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubsport 5L 195i
thanks 4 reply.yea when i launch in first it bites hard in the rear an it makes quite a loud squeek sound when it sqwots would that mean my shocks need replacing or is that normal?also would it be sqwotting so mush due 2 soft worn springs or is this normal 2??

cheerz

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
nahh means th tyres are rubbing on the guard go a bit more easy on the gas :D :D