Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is a tune required for10 PSI pulley upgrade ??

Loki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VY
Ok, I took my new 87mm pulley and new belt into a workshop in brisbane ("Top Tune" or something like that) and I was told that for me to add a 10 psi pulley to a VY spac that I would need to buy a chip off them or get them to tune it ??

now everything that I have read says that you can run a 10 psi pulley with no tune and that it is actually better to use the stock vy spac ECU tune as it is actually better at adapting then most "after-market" tunes

What is actually correct here ??

Are these guys just trying to get money out of me, as I have come to their shop with my own parts and I know that to remove and replace a pulley is like a 20 min job max ?? It seems like they are trying to trick me into buying something I don't need just to get some actual money out of me instead of just charging me for a 20 min labor cost ???

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No need to post in multiple areas......

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
You don't need a tune for a 10 psi pulley but if you have other mods such as extractors exhaust larger Tb etc it will help to get the most performance out of your car and if you are removing the original pulley they can be extremely hard to get off and could take up to 40 mins depending how stubborn it is some are worse than others