Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is an sv6 fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
hell yeah a sv6 is fast...

it does 50 in built up areas and 100 on freeways.
it can even do 110 on country roads.
:thumbsup:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Mags on the front, steelies on the back. Fast it is bro. Fast enough to get your P Plating arse into trouble!

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
No human is going to watch an SV6 pull up at the lights and think to themselves '****, nice car'.

A nicely setup SS may evoke that sentiment from v8 enthusiasts, but noone else is impressed.

The only car you can own which will impress the average person is out of your price range, or is a classic you can't afford to run!

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Is it school holidays again ?

oky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 sv6. my12
I have a 2012 sv6 with 209RWKW and 440nm toque 14.5 at the 1/4 mile I estimate 250KW engine but it does have a few mods. you need to spend about 2 to 3K on it. if you do most of the fitting yourself Just give mace performance a call in Melb. I recommend a 2.5 cat back exhaust and a OTR and a mace intake spacer and a custom tune from some one like OZtrack in nsw. They can do it remotly so it don't matter where you live. You will not be leave how good it comes out.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Ok, so I know a fair few cars will beat an sv6 ve 2006 - 2009. But seeing I'm about to get my ps, it looks to be one of the fastest p plate cars around on paper. 195kw with a power to weight ratio of 115kw.

But when I look up fastest p plate cars sv6 is never on any list. I'm wondering are sv6's not as fast as they seem? Although I'm not going to race one on the streets if I get one, I'm still being told by mates that they aren't that fast and a lot of other p plate legal cars will chop them and getting bagged for wanting to get one.

What have you guys record the 0 - 100 time at with a stock one? Also is auto just as fast as manual if using manual mode/tiptonic?

get a Corolla , and learn to drive properly .

Moeydriftking

Reaction score
Members Ride
What is this
Ok, I'm mainly talking about it be visually nice. LIke I want a car people are think that looks nice. Say blue colour car, lowered, chev badge, quad mufflers, tinted windows, all black wheels with blue outlined rims? So it should sound nice snd look nice even though it may not actually be fast?

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
Ok, I'm mainly talking about it be visually nice. LIke I want a car people are think that looks nice. Say blue colour car, lowered, chev badge, quad mufflers, tinted windows, all black wheels with blue outlined rims? So it should sound nice snd look nice even though it may not actually be fast?

If you put Chev badges on you will be hunted down!!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok, so I know a fair few cars will beat an sv6 ve 2006 - 2009. But seeing I'm about to get my ps, it looks to be one of the fastest p plate cars around on paper. 195kw with a power to weight ratio of 115kw.

But when I look up fastest p plate cars sv6 is never on any list. I'm wondering are sv6's not as fast as they seem? Although I'm not going to race one on the streets if I get one, I'm still being told by mates that they aren't that fast and a lot of other p plate legal cars will chop them and getting bagged for wanting to get one.

What have you guys record the 0 - 100 time at with a stock one? Also is auto just as fast as manual if using manual mode/tiptonic?

TBH I think you should be concentrating on finding which car will help you develop your skills in driving and gain as much experience as you can before you look for anything 'fast'. BTW - there is no such thing as a fast alloy v6 Commodore.

S.D.M.F

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
CHEV badges. Yep they look 'nice'. Don't forget a large go-fast "jetpilot" sticker on one of the windows somewhere.
20" on the front, stock steelies on the back, you'll be styling then.
Quad exhaust tips? why stop there. Get 3 on each side, total of 6. That will always be 2 more than your mates.
Don't forget to post some pics so everyone can comment on how 'nice' it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.