Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is an sv6 fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Ok, I'm mainly talking about it be visually nice. LIke I want a car people are think that looks nice. Say blue colour car, lowered, chev badge, quad mufflers, tinted windows, all black wheels with blue outlined rims? So it should sound nice snd look nice even though it may not actually be fast?

as soon as you mentioned Chevrolet badges , ..............yeah nah .

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Ok, so I know a fair few cars will beat an sv6 ve 2006 - 2009. But seeing I'm about to get my ps, it looks to be one of the fastest p plate cars around on paper. 195kw with a power to weight ratio of 115kw.

But when I look up fastest p plate cars sv6 is never on any list. I'm wondering are sv6's not as fast as they seem? Although I'm not going to race one on the streets if I get one, I'm still being told by mates that they aren't that fast and a lot of other p plate legal cars will chop them and getting bagged for wanting to get one.

What have you guys record the 0 - 100 time at with a stock one? Also is auto just as fast as manual if using manual mode/tiptonic?

Mate, it's a VE SV6 it is not going to be awesome for speed. It is more like the daily which you use for work, school and appointments, and as reaper says, why buy anything fast? Just get what you think is right and don't bother with the B.S your mates are saying, and please don't think that you are the next generation Mark Skaife or James Courtney, we don't want to have a news report saying how you think you are top gun and lost it and nailed a tree, stobie pole, or another car. Don't take this as going off at you, but I am passing on some advice for your driving.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Ok, I'm mainly talking about it be visually nice. LIke I want a car people are think that looks nice. Say blue colour car, lowered, chev badge, quad mufflers, tinted windows, all black wheels with blue outlined rims? So it should sound nice snd look nice even though it may not actually be fast?

Want it to "LOOK" Faster then it is, Debadge to SS badges, But ..............Yeh Nah :/
Want it to "FEEL" Faster then stock, on a budget try the RevHigh Stealth Controller..
Want it to "ACTUAL" be faster. OTR, Intake, Exhaust, and Tune..

Ultra lows + 20-22's (Non Chrome !!!) look nice though. 18" imo look too small on these late model Holdens

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Buy a calais and focus on comfort and aesthetics rather than speed. Luxury models are soooooo much nicer to drive.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
look for a cheap LX6 Adventra... Not fast, Cant spin wheels, but has every creature comfort, unreal road handling, and can go places others cant. Looks good, Plus not a cop magnet and loads a room. That way you arn't trying to be a legend and wont get judged for failing

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
This is the silliest thread that I've ever read.

I'm a P-plater and it's people like you that give us all a bad name

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
An SV6 is not fast but imo they are a great first car. Plenty of power for a new driver, safe and they look decent. Like most p platers with your mindset and with "friends" that are egging you on to get a fast car it will probably end up around a pole or written off before too long anyway.

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Quality troll.

If not, it annoys me that people even think of buying these as their first car. When I was that age nobody except rich kids dropped money on a near new commodore as their first car. We started with $2-5k buying light older 4 cylinder manuals and actually learned how to drive and work on cars. If you're spending over ten k on a car and are on your P's you're either rich or spending it on possibly the wrong type of thing.

And I'm only in my early 30's lol what has the world come to.

To answer the question tho, a non turbo skyline with a nice paint job can be picked up, and often look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.