Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I got Holdens' email campaign for the new Commodore yesterday, "Myths - Setting the record straight about the all-new Commodore". It is equal parts desperate, insulting and ineffective.

What is obvious, is Holden is very worried, because when you approve a campaign like this, you have to have clear data saying you are already in trouble. As for me, I not only didn't like the campaign, it tuned me off the car even more. Don't call me a bloody idiot Holden, because I don't want a Mazda 6 alternative for a replacement of my Redline.

Last edited:

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
If we were doing big export business to USA and ramped up production to meet that increased demand ..... just in time for that success to be Trumped. Trump would demand our cars be built in USA. That would have been a quick death, for Holden.
The VE from the beginning was designed to be exported to USA.
Trump is the first US president to be able to fathom how to do deals in a long time, just look and see how the USA had been sold down the drain for years, not to mention that Australia is as well.
What most do not comprehend is that they claim we are a rich nation, saying don't you know ? but rich ? hang on do you want me to go that path and prove that we come the raw prawn with our old age pensioners because we can not afford such, rich ? But some tow rag floats over hear who hates us aussies turns up and is given the red carpet treatment, just who invited them.

We have too fork out for Super, why ? the Nation is too piss poor to support such, that they gave up. Yes a backward give up generation on everything that only works to destroy any and everything they can to destroy of this nation and f over everyone who has a will to have a go, for the pandering over all the good for nothings and no hopers and piss on about issues that are just worthless BS pandering to just worthless degenerates.
Australians are behaving like some drunken derelict who pisses up the wall his inheritance and only bags his forefathers about everything, when in fact he could not hold a candle to them if they tried.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I got Holdens' email campaign for the new Commodore yesterday, "Myths - Setting the record straight about the all-new Commodore". It is equal parts desperate, insulting and ineffective.

What is obvious, is Holden is very worried, because when you approve a campaign like this, you have to have clear data saying you are already in trouble. As for me, I not only didn't like the campaign, it tuned me off the car even more. Don't call me a bloody idiot Holden, because I don't want a Mazda 6 alternative for a replacement of my Redline.

I agree. I thought it was interesting that Holden has been getting on the front foot so much to try and counter the negativity going around it. I don't think I have ever seen so much lead time and publicity from Holden around a new model so far out from the official release / sales date.

I am sure it is a decent car but I despair when I read that it is now a Mazda6 / Camry competitor. It will be interesting when it comes to the 'Car of the year' awards and to see how well it rates.

Times and things change but at the moment, it is not for me or interest me.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The VE from the beginning was designed to be exported to USA.
Trump is the first US president to be able to fathom how to do deals in a long time, just look and see how the USA had been sold down the drain for years, not to mention that Australia is as well.
What most do not comprehend is that they claim we are a rich nation, saying don't you know ? but rich ? hang on do you want me to go that path and prove that we come the raw prawn with our old age pensioners because we can not afford such, rich ? But some tow rag floats over hear who hates us aussies turns up and is given the red carpet treatment, just who invited them.

We have too fork out for Super, why ? the Nation is too piss poor to support such, that they gave up. Yes a backward give up generation on everything that only works to destroy any and everything they can to destroy of this nation and f over everyone who has a will to have a go, for the pandering over all the good for nothings and no hopers and piss on about issues that are just worthless BS pandering to just worthless degenerates.
Australians are behaving like some drunken derelict who pisses up the wall his inheritance and only bags his forefathers about everything, when in fact he could not hold a candle to them if they tried.
Ummm righto. Off the meds today Zeke?

Mik 030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V LS3 series 2 wagon
image.jpeg

This graph shows why Trump got in. No big rush by Republicans, just a no show by the Democrats through a lack of trust in their own candidate, Hilary.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
View attachment 196674
This graph shows why Trump got in. No big rush by Republicans, just a no show by the Democrats through a lack of trust in their own candidate, Hilary.

I had to scroll back just to check this was still the thread about buying a ZB. How the Fig did Trump get in here? Oh yeah, Thanks Zeke.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I had to scroll back just to check this was still the thread about buying a ZB. How the Fig did Trump get in here? Oh yeah, Thanks Zeke.
To be fair Trump gets into everything. He has tiny hands.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
He' been better at keeping promises than the previous 3 presidents. Even the news outlets that hate him have had to admit that he follows through on what he says. And to be fair. $10b to build a wall is a far sight cheaper than the $200b/year or so the alternative costs. But, you know. He's Hitler and all that. :rolleyes:
If following through means a one track mind and the inability to understand anything complex beyond an KFC menu and adapt his thinking to suit, then yeah, he follows through.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If following through means a one track mind and the inability to understand anything complex beyond an KFC menu and adapt his thinking to suit, then yeah, he follows through.
No, it means exactly what it means. I was unaware i built some form of alternative into what i said. Im sorry you got confused over such a simple statement.