Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is Gear lever is stiff on VE 2010 Omega (when putting from P to R)?

S

Suprim

Hi,

I am buying new series 1 VE MY2010 omega. When I took the car for test drive it was great just one thing when I changed the gear lever from P to R it was quite stiff/tight & had to use bit of force. I had my foot on brakes & the lever button was depressed so I was doing every thing what I was suppose to.

I was wondering is this normal?

Any comments?

Thanks
Suprim

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Where you on a incline, a tight box is better than a lose one.

Cheers.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Where you on a incline, a tight box is better than a lose one.

I dont think it matters whether on incline or not.... a tight box is better than a loose one IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Yep, nice and tight. And properly lubricated too. Always make sure there's enough oil in there before before giving it a flogging. You dont want to burn it out.
No one likes a loose burned out box.

Hope this helps.
;)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I dont think it matters whether on incline or not.... a tight box is better than a loose one IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Yep, nice and tight. And properly lubricated too. Always make sure there's enough oil in there before before giving it a flogging. You dont want to burn it out.
No one likes a loose burned out box.

Hope this helps.
;)

I'm sure it helps with something! :hmmm:

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
My MY09 Berlina had the same problem - Dealer found a techline bulletin about the park mechanism binding on an exhaust component. There was a modification they did which made mine easier to get out of park. It's still heavy compared to an A5 or A6 transmission, but not as bad. Funny thing is, the 2010 Omega loaner they give me with an A4 (LPG) almost falls out of park with stuff-all effort so not sure why your is tight assuming the MY10 had a more permanent fix.