Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it a Holden ? No it's a Chevrolet !

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The Stig's post just backs up what I said a couple of posts ago. Holden's name is virtually an unknown overseas, although there was a time when they were exported to 55 countries, including Greece, Hawaii, South Africa, numerous other African countries and throughout Polynesia. For the most part, Europe was a no-go zone because Holdens would have competed against Opel and it was only to where the traditional Holden simplicity and toughness were attributes, that they were exported. The list of countries where Holdens were sold back in the late 50' and early 60's is quite amazing.

Here's just a few of the odd-bod places Holdens were exported to.

Tahiti, Virgin Islands, Pakistan, Cook Islands, Angola, Iran, Somalia, Macao, Indonesia, Iraq. That's just a sample - the picture of the world maps in my book is small and the labels are hard to read.

So, at one time, the Holden name was known around the world to some extent.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm going to assume that my post got in between you and your intended target.

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
ok so because the Camaro was developed in Australia, does that mean the Americans should start putting holden badges on there camaros?
any way if you want to put a chev badge on your commie go for it BUT!!! if you put one on a SV6! YOUR A TOOL!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
BUT!!! if you put one on a SV6! YOUR A TOOL!

Why?? Not planning on doing it, but the holden V8 motor is not Chevy at all. It's a GM Powertrain manufactured engine, just like the alloytec is.

1TUFVS

High Ambitions, Low Funds
Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
Why?? Not planning on doing it, but the holden V8 motor is not Chevy at all. It's a GM Powertrain manufactured engine, just like the alloytec is.

+1 for Hummer badges on Commodores!