Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it difficult to lower a VX Commodore?

glen_56

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt in progress
Thomo said:
if you plain to have people in the back i wouldnt go to superlows in the rear as i have lows in my vt and it scraps badly when people are in the back

Are they kings and heavy duty? If he puts Kings lows in his car it wont be any lower than the fe2 that is already in it. I have ssl in mine have no probs with scraping

glen_56

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt in progress
accentstencil said:
If the car has done 140,000 Kms and they are the original shocks it would be wise to change them while you've got everything apart.

Yeah it would be a good idea to. I got the impression that he wanted to do it cheap.
andy87 said:
items would i need to have it lowered and then i would get someone to do it for me cheap.
I probably should have worded it differently.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
my VX is standard but is already wearing tyres on the inside..... if you already havent got a 4 point camber - caster bush kit fitted.... i would recomend getting a kit fitted.... cost of 2 kits from Repco is about $200 ( you need 2 kits)... you'll need a mechanic or suspension place to fit it... should be 2 to 3 hours labour ($200)... plus 4 wheel alignment ($90)...

A

andy87

okay here are the facts!

i have got a quote for them to lower my car a further 25mm from the fe2
so you can actually have them lowered from the fe2 suspension
which will cost me $440

i dont think i will be getting superlow's because i will have to get shorter shockies or something and then i will have to get new struts well that is what i am told!
from what i am told just getting in lowered may actually provide me with better handling also!

A

andy87

DeanoVT said:
you need front and rear springs. King Springs or Lovells

If you havent changed your shocks then get some new ones as well but if your gonna lower it SuperLow or more then it is advised to get new shorter shocks.

you will also need to get 4 wheel alignment done once it is all in.

if you want to have a practical setup and not scrap most of the time then go with Low (30mm) front and SuperLow (50mm) at rear.
i have that setup and suits my everyday driving good.

if you go lower you might have scraping issues because of the S pack kit on it.
is yours a vt s pack?
well if i want it done that way i am going to have to ask for a different quote because the guy from the suspension place says he can get it 25mm lower

well if i am going to have superlow (50mm) at rear i am going to have to get shorter shocks then and i dont want to be forking out the $$$

A

andy87

glen_56 said:
Are they kings and heavy duty? If he puts Kings lows in his car it wont be any lower than the fe2 that is already in it. I have ssl in mine have no probs with scraping

i have been told it will be 25mm lower even though i have fe2 suspension...
im thinking for $440 fitted its not a bad price is it?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Thomo said:
if you plain to have people in the back i wouldnt go to superlows in the rear as i have lows in my vt and it scraps badly when people are in the back

U should get that checked out mate, ur springs must be made of marshmellow...

I got SL front SSSL rear...
Recently i had 4 people in the car, 3 snowboards, 4 bags with clothes n so forth for a 5 day trip and a clab of canadian club and i was STARTING to have problems with driveways and big bumps in the road...

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
andy87 said:
i have been told it will be 25mm lower even though i have fe2 suspension...
im thinking for $440 fitted its not a bad price is it?

Where u from mate?? sorry to ask if this hsas been covered...
But i got my setup fitted for 400 bux....

I know its only 40bux difference, but thats a few beers at the pub at the end of the day

A

andy87

Jesterarts said:
Where u from mate?? sorry to ask if this hsas been covered...
But i got my setup fitted for 400 bux....

I know its only 40bux difference, but thats a few beers at the pub at the end of the day

im in perth!
dont think i can get it cheaper anywhere else
but i was thinking if its only going to lower my car 25mm for 440 is it really worth it
i might as well pay the eight hundred mark and get superlows but i have been told superlows will be illegal for me as i have fe2 suspension

A

andy87

at the moment i just dont know what to do!

i am tending towards superlows i am going to have to get it professionaly done

could anyone tell me who has a vx s pac or similar what you require to get it super low
like what brands are good to get and i might get it off ebay and pay somebody to do it for me?