Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it difficult to lower a VX Commodore?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
look mate if your in perth just go down to WA Suspensions in Osborne Park and ask them...they will give you straight out honest advice...no bULlSH&T.

there not the cheapest in perth but the best

if you want someone cheaper go to Wilkinson Suspension in bayswater i think.....personally i would stay away coz if they cant wheel align my dads 4wd then i wont let them touch my car.

but its up to you at the end of the day

A

andy87

DeanoVT said:
look mate if your in perth just go down to WA Suspensions in Osborne Park and ask them...they will give you straight out honest advice...no bULlSH&T.

there not the cheapest in perth but the best

if you want someone cheaper go to Wilkinson Suspension in bayswater i think.....personally i would stay away coz if they cant wheel align my dads 4wd then i wont let them touch my car.

but its up to you at the end of the day
i tried them they are the cheapest but i al lead to believeif i am only going to lower my car 25mm for 440 is it really worth it?
ALSO i have been told superlows will be illegal for me as i have fe2 suspension

A

andy87

Advice Help!

Basicly I am going to have to go super low!
I need the advice on

What items will i need to complete this?
I think i will have to get shorter shockies If i am going to go super low?
I got a quote for around 800 but that did not include shockies!
Basicly anyone with a vt-vx s pack who has superlows would help?

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
andy87 said:
Basicly I am going to have to go super low!
I need the advice on

What items will i need to complete this?
I think i will have to get shorter shockies If i am going to go super low?
I got a quote for around 800 but that did not include shockies!
Basicly anyone with a vt-vx s pack who has superlows would help?
You have to replace the shocks, or you will have very poor ride quality.

I got a set of super lows ($280)
KYB AGX fully adjustable shocks retail for $900, but I picked em up cheap through someone who purchased them and no longer wanted to install them.
then you gotta get a 4 point camber kit on top of that $200-300.

You can get a set of monroe shortened shocks for around 350-450 from memory.

I got a quote for shocks, camber kit, springs and installation for $1250 at a reputable suspension place around where I live.

If you want shocks, you wont be looking at anything less than $1100 in all probability.

A

andy87

ProphetVX said:
You have to replace the shocks, or you will have very poor ride quality.

I got a set of super lows ($280)
KYB AGX fully adjustable shocks retail for $900, but I picked em up cheap through someone who purchased them and no longer wanted to install them.
then you gotta get a 4 point camber kit on top of that $200-300.

You can get a set of monroe shortened shocks for around 350-450 from memory.

I got a quote for shocks, camber kit, springs and installation for $1250 at a reputable suspension place around where I live.

If you want shocks, you wont be looking at anything less than $1100 in all probability.
what is a camber kit?
what is that needed for?

okay if i have the fe2 suspesnions is that practicly useless meaning i would have to then get shorter shocks? i.e monroe

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
i just got superlows put in my car last week and i didn't need shortened shocks the mechanic said any lower and i would need them but superlows are pretty fine.
You will need a camber kit to stop your wheels from wearing unevenly. You can get 2 or 4 point camber kits but you should only need a 2 point coz i bought a 4 point and when the wheel alignment was done they only ended up needing half of the kit.
Most low commodores you see driving around are probably on superlows and i think you will find that most don't have shortened shocks, but having them will give you a more comfortable ride.

A

andy87

vtwgn said:
i just got superlows put in my car last week and i didn't need shortened shocks the mechanic said any lower and i would need them but superlows are pretty fine.
You will need a camber kit to stop your wheels from wearing unevenly. You can get 2 or 4 point camber kits but you should only need a 2 point coz i bought a 4 point and when the wheel alignment was done they only ended up needing half of the kit.
Most low commodores you see driving around are probably on superlows and i think you will find that most don't have shortened shocks, but having them will give you a more comfortable ride.

really?
were can you buy camber kits from?
what the hell do they look like?
is there much price difference in a 2 point and 4 point?

yeah i think i will stick with my shocks..
so all you need is the superlows right?

A

andy87

Quote I Got!

I have got a quote for superlow king springs fitted 440
4 point camber kit for the rears 440 fitted
all up 880

any thoughts?

glen_56

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt in progress
andy87 said:
I have got a quote for superlow king springs fitted 440
4 point camber kit for the rears 440 fitted
all up 880

any thoughts?

Yeah that sounds reasonable. As I said before you don't need new shocks as the springs still stay trapped with superlows, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to change them.