Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it good to remove catalytic converters?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
from what I was told its about 5-6 killer wasps,not worth it imo,especially if the blue boys decide to look and they do nowadays it will be a instant yellow canary,here in sa anyways

the coppers these days are pretty clued up when it comes to these cars

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
go ahead. remove the cats. while your at it. buy the most expensive insurance you can get. because i want you to loose twice as much money.. one for the insurance. and two for when you wrap your car around a tree. the insurance company will decline your car because of illegal modifications. if you want a cheep way to make it go faster. silver tape a chev badge to it. that will add atleast 300Hp

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
go ahead. remove the cats. while your at it. buy the most expensive insurance you can get. because i want you to loose twice as much money.. one for the insurance. and two for when you wrap your car around a tree. the insurance company will decline your car because of illegal modifications. if you want a cheep way to make it go faster. silver tape a chev badge to it. that will add atleast 300Hp

God people go over the top with this whole law thing. Remove your cats and wrap your car around a tree? Geez imagine what would happen if he got a tune! Untie your knickers people. It's really not that big of a deal.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
they sell x-force in oman?

anyway dont bash the guts out, itll drone as mentioned. get a proper length of mild steel tube to replace the cat which will make it sound normal.

there are noticable power gains to be had from an R32 GTR from a de-cat pipe. an NA commo i dunno about.

That's properly where that x force crap is made :boxing:

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
God people go over the top with this whole law thing. Remove your cats and wrap your car around a tree? Geez imagine what would happen if he got a tune! Untie your knickers people. It's really not that big of a deal.

sigh. you don't get it. wrapping around a tree or power poll is like the standard accident thing to say. its like a car stereotype. im not saying he will do it. but if he does get into an accident. he wont be covered.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Most sports bike riders keep their cats in a box in the shed. Have not heard of any claims knocked back.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
sigh. you don't get it. wrapping around a tree or power poll is like the standard accident thing to say. its like a car stereotype. im not saying he will do it. but if he does get into an accident. he wont be covered.

The guy lives in the midle east man. They probably don't care if you remove your seatbelts there. (No offence :p)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Some have more imagination than others too.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
If you're worried about the tuners stuffing up your car by just turning the post cat sensors off you could always just buy the software yourself (hp tuner) and untick the little box on the tune yourself? It'll cost you about $1000 all up and is easy as pie (I've done it on my car plus a few other friends cars)